Seiko SKX007: Watch runs too fast...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@runsongas ...I just tested my watch. It's magnetized. Good call.

Edit: Any idea if the gadget below would work?

MASTER MAGNETICS Screwdriver Magnetizer and Demagnetizer-96814 - The Home Depot

It looks like this one would be too small.

MASTER MAGNETICS Blue Magnetizer/Demagnetizer-96424 - The Home Depot

I got the first one to try it. Degaussed and reset watch. I’ll give it a week and see what happens. Thank you for the responses.:cheers:

https://www.amazon.com/Screwdriver-Electrical-Demagnetize-Demagnetizer-Degaussing/dp/B07D7W28P2/

Well mine is magnetized too. Guess I'll look into getting it demagnetized.

A good forum for Seiko info https://forums.watchuseek.com/f21/ . I'm not sure if those are the right type of demagnetizers to use on a watch (especially since one side says it magnetizes) . Evey one I see on youtube videos is a little box that plugs into the wall.

Yeah...it didn't work. For $4 and where I could grab it on the way home, I figured I'd give it a try.

My little $4 special didn't get the job done. I just ordered one of those.

Well mine is magnetized too. Guess I'll look into getting it demagnetized.

I recommend saving your $4 and not trying one of the options that I posted, lol.

I love my Samsung Gear as I can change the face to look like my 1976 Seiko or 1999 TAG...or even a Rolex. A smart watch is the future, don’t fight it :)...time is spot on always since it’s synced to your phone. Mine even has that Dick Tracey ability to make and receive calls! How cool is that!

And yes, I do have a Seiko too....

I love my Samsung Gear as I can change the face to look like my 1976 Seiko or 1999 TAG...or even a Rolex. A smart watch is the future, don’t fight it :)...time is spot on always since it’s synced to your phone. Mine even has that Dick Tracey ability to make and receive calls! How cool is that!

That is a pretty cool concept. I'm somewhat resistant to change when it comes to technology. It might take me a while to go for one of these.:D

I have a 007 because it is a beautiful watch and a classic, but I do not trust it to maintain accurate time.
For month to month accuracy and reliability I go with a Quartz movement. I like the old reliable Citizen BN0000-04H or the beautiful, hard to get, and pretentious Citizen BN0110-57E. For day to day above water I don't think the (genuine titanium) Alba APBT211 available on ebay for less than $100. can be beat.

People buying automatic watches these days aren't going to be switching to smartwatches. The appeal is because of the workmanship and engineering behind the mechanical movement. A quartz watch watch is more accurate too, but that is not the point of buying an automatic. same reason someone might buy a vintage porsche instead of a tesla. a tesla has all of the personality of an electric toaster whereas you can put a leather jacket on and feel like a rebel in the vintage porsche.

Yes, though it is a classic, the 007 is bottom line a low end dive watch. A better automobile analogy would probably be a Plymouth Valiant. I picked up my never worn in the box 007 a couple of years ago on Craigslist for $100. A nice watch, but hardly a Seiko 6105-8110.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom