Selecting a Training Facility

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Considerations for Selection of a Scuba Training Facility
maybe a simple objective view is the best answer PADI was the first to hit all the key areas necessary to gain the high degree of public appeal and has continued to refine it ever since.

professional certification from PADI.
PADI’s program has been the most popular for quite a while with no signs of the trend changing.

The PADI training system may be the undisputed leader
To this end PADI has recognition systems in place for both facilities and instructors.
PADI 5 Star CDC (Career Development Center) PADI diving programs
PADI 5 Star IDC (Instructor Development Center)
PADI PADI 5 Star Dive shop PADI instructor PADI standards in all their business practices.

seems objective to me?

Most people on this forum are anti-PADI and are unwilling to see that there are some good PADI instructors and shops.

Has nothing to do with being anti padi...his post is humorous at best, references no other agencies( even though it claims to) and has no other purpose than to attempt to sell readers on how "great" padi is. Padi instructors are the most knowledgable??? Knowledgeable about what?

If you are going to give any agency a shameless plug, at least provide well referenced facts, and at the same time(if you are going to try to claim some kind of superiority), you may want to provide facts about your competition(SSI, SDI/TDI, NAUI, GUE, IANTD, and others).

Most people on this forum are anti-PADI and are unwilling to see that there are some good PADI instructors and shops.

I personally have no problem with PADI. I find most training agencies the same..I was originally trained via a PADI shop

I'm lucky we have an excellent PADI 5* shop as there is only one other small shop that I know of for 100 miles or more. That's how I choose a training agency.

I'm not sure that's fair. I know some PADI instructors that I would recommend to friends and family. I do not believe that I know any PADI-ONLY instructors that I would recommend to friends and family. At the very least, I am quite certain that I know no instructors who have taken no instruction outside of PADI that I would recommend. Take that for whatever it's worth (probably not very much).

I have managed to go thru my diving life without ever taking a PADI class or cert. I've done NAUI, SDI, TDI and some fire/rescue specific stuff. I did not try and avoid PADI....it just did not happen the PADI way. With well over a thousand dives, working as a DM, as a public safety diver and a more than fair amount of public safety dives, I have to say NOBODY ever said that I NEEDED a PADI class. There are lots of good options out there. PADI is just one of them and by no means better (or worse) than most. It's all about the instructor in my book.

Here we go again, people who are not PADI assuming the worst. I find this tedious and tiring. Granted, I am a PADI pro, but I do not dismiss other agencies out of hand. I do react to indivuals who are or are not doing their job well, regardless of agency affiliation. I should think all bona fide professionals would do the same.
DivemasterDennis

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom