Selling smartwatch to upgrade to something I can use while diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Burns

New
Reaction score
Hi! I was given a Huawei Watch 2nd gen for my birthday a few months back but it has one rather big downside... I can't use it to track any of my dives which I'd quite like to do. I'm looking at selling the Huawei watch and buying something I can use to track dives, but I'm unsure what options are available to me. I've seen watches like the Teric and Garmin Descent but they're hugely expensive. I was also wondering if I will end up paying tax on selling the Huawei watch, as it will be entirely income? I've had a look around this tax website (income-tax.co.uk) but still not sure if I will or not. Can someone advise, on either question? :) Cheers!

Are you looking for a wristwatch sized dive computer or a watch that records dives? There are bucketloads of the former. Of the latter, the only one I know of is made by Citizen and costs significantly more. There is a computer section on Scubaboard where you will probably get more input. You may try re-posting there.

Also, I know nothing about UK tax laws.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom