Sensuishi Writeup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great job and congratulations!

Thanks for your info and advise. this is indeed interesting but on the other hand, it's useful! May I know how frequent you need to take this sensuishi test? Or the pass last for life long?

I think it's a good concept and intention to carry out such type of test / exam by government but seems not here in other Asian countries (I am from Hong Kong).

In view of the recent diving accidents, I think this is a good practise of imposing such system. Perhaps I can try to deploy such types of idea / consideration to the diviing community here.

By the way, any possiblity to take a look of the questions of this test? Thanks again and congratulations!

Congratulations. Just wondering why it isn't available in English.

Congratulations. Just wondering why it isn't available in English.

because its a japanese gov't test. The number of non japanese who teach here is so limited there is little motivation for them to offer multi-lingual exams.

I think it's a good concept and intention to carry out such type of test / exam by government but seems not here in other Asian countries (I am from Hong Kong).

I politely disagree. Diving is a global sport that you can do anywhere. If every country had their own system of what is and what isn't acceptable, it would be bad for the industry and bad for the sport. I think the sensuishi is a bit superfluous, but also shoganai ne..

In view of the recent diving accidents, I think this is a good practise of imposing such system. Perhaps I can try to deploy such types of idea / consideration to the diviing community here.

By the way, any possiblity to take a look of the questions of this test? Thanks again and congratulations!

The sensuishi exam does nothing to add to safety of divers here in Japan. Most of the exam has nothing to do with recreational diving or safety. Attempts by government to control diving have done little to increase safety- Australia which has very strict controls by government of diving activities does not have a better safety record then the rest of the world (not any worse but not any better). Japan which has this test and the fact that the majority of diving here is done with a guide who has passed this test still is no better than elsewhere safety record wise.

Adding a level of government has never helped with diver safety!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom