Sept 2010 honeymoon trip options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ericande

Registered
Reaction score
I've been poking around a couple forums trying to figure out where we should take our honeymoon to next September. We're looking to combine an exotic location with some adventurous activities, sight-seeing, luxurious lodging on a nice beach and some great diving. Thailand seems to fit the bill perfectly. We will probably dive about 4 days and will be moving around the country to a few locations so we can go anywhere to dive (probably flying into Bangkok.) Given that we're going in September, what should the top choices be to go to? I've seen some of the 'top' locations in Thailand such as Richelieu Rock, Similans and Hin Muang but I'm not sure if given the time of year these are the best options or not. I've also been told the Andaman side is the best diving but the weather may be worse over there so the Gulf is better in September, any truth to that?

Other factors; we have our own masks, fins and snorkels but would be renting the rest of our gear (we have some we could borrow but since it's not just a dive trip we don't want to drag it along. We are open to liveaboards but I know very little about them. We live and got certified in Seattle and have gone to Hawaii and Cozumel to dive. We're not really experience divers but are competent and feel very comfortable.

Lastly, I know it's a dive board but any other advice on thing to see in Thailand is always appreciated. Thanks!

Leave the wife at home and come to Pattaya, the divings not up to much but you will have a great time.

September is normally a good time to dive in The Gulf of Thailand - and for many years we have had a lot of whaleshark sightings around Sail Rock, Chumpon Pinnacles and South West Pinnacles. Koh Phangan is a lovely island and perfect to dive from if you want to avoid the crowds. We are a new dive resort (with experienced staff who've been living and working on this island for over 6 years) located in Haad Yao on the west coast of the island - one of the most beautiful beaches on the island. The island has lots to offer: untouched jungle, beautiful beaches, accommodation in all ranges and lots of watersports. Check out our website for more info and pictures: Reefers Dive Resort, Koh Phangan, Thailand

September is normally a good time to dive in The Gulf of Thailand - and for many years we have had a lot of whaleshark sightings around Sail Rock, Chumpon Pinnacles and South West Pinnacles. Koh Phangan is a lovely island and perfect to dive from if you want to avoid the crowds. We are a new dive resort (with experienced staff who've been living and working on this island for over 6 years) located in Haad Yao on the west coast of the island - one of the most beautiful beaches on the island. The island has lots to offer: untouched jungle, beautiful beaches, accommodation in all ranges and lots of watersports. Check out our website for more info and pictures: Reefers Dive Resort, Koh Phangan, Thailand

What are the prices there like for both diving and accommodations? How easy is it to get there from Chiang Mai?

If you want to get away from the crowds, then there is a nice selection of hotels in our area for honeymooners, one popular one with my divers is on my facebook group. September can be a little unpedictable weatherwise, but Krabi is a beautiful location to visit. The diving is good too!

but Krabi is a beautiful location to visit. The diving is good too!

Have to agree entirely a most beautifull place, but the nightlife is not up to the same standard as we have in Pattaya.

Yes but it can be fun at times.

Not all people coming to Thailand are looking for an outrageous nightlife scene.
Krabi is blessed with lots of beautiful natural scenery including lots of green, gorgeous limestone cliffs, nice islands with good reefs and pretty beaches.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom