September Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Add me to your list.

Just booked my ticket this morning, Sept 11-19. Bringing another couple down. Diving with Living Underwater and working on the house.

Wow Sep is a light month for divers. Going solo this time, daughter off to college and wife is at work. Staying Sept 24 - Oct 3 at El Cid La Ceiba and diving with Babieca on site. Less divers more privacy on the dive.... If anyone wants to get together for drinks and food, let me know. :crafty:

Hope I didn't miss anybody

9/4-9/10, Get Wet +1, Fiesta Americana, Scuba Tony
9/3-9/10, Seaseeker, Scuba Club
9/4-9/11, Kujhawk91, Hotel Cozumel, Living Underwater
9/4-9/12, DStack +1, El Cantil, not sure
9/5-9/13, Jjblomquist +1, Wyndam, Sand Dollor Sports
9/11-9/18, Scubatree +1, Hotel Cozumel, Aguilar Dive Service
9/11-9/19, Jim Baldwin +2, House, Living Underwater
9/15-9/19, Tibenmiami, Fiesta Americana
9/16-9/20, mkull +4, Scuba Club
9/17-9/24, Butch Fries +3, Vista del Mar/Villa Blanca, Chucho Divers
9/23-9/30, Zman96, Vista del Mar, Blue XT
9/24-10/3, rromero2, El Cid La Ceiba , Babieca
9/25-10/2, Wnctarheel +1, Wyndam, Dive With Martin (maybe)

Your on the list

9/13-9/20, austinacoustic +1, Villa Blanca, Scubamau

I will be there Sept. 27 through October 2nd going by myself hopefully I can find someone to hang out with I am staying at Hotel Barracuda and diving with Dive Paradise.

Feedback on Cozumel in July 2010:

We may go back down in September and if the trip makes I will let you know and if you are there at the same time you can drop by El Cantil 6C Sur for a drink or 2 or.........

We were in Cozumel on July 19th to July 26th. Didn't get much of a chance to Dive since we were transfering title on our condo at El Cantil (6C-Sur) to our Bank Trust. Have been at it for a while but we were successful in the end so now it it ours legally.

Diving comments: we had up to 8 divers at any one time (most of whom dove every day) and dove with Deep Blue (if you don't have a dive ops I would highly recommend Deep Blue Deep Blue Cozumel Diving: Deep Blue Cozumel and Blue XTSea Cozumel Diving: Blue XT SEA Diving, Cozumel Mexico ..... Deborah at Deep Blue and Christi at Blue XTSea have two of the best dive ops on the island and are 1st class).
.....saw:
---some rather large Turtles and big groupers on almost every dive.
--- large green morays on 4 different dives.
---- 1 large Lion fish on one dive and 1 adult and 1 baby on another dive
---- schools of angel fish are becoming more common
---- couple of nurse sharks
Dove: Columbia deep, Santa Rosa Wall, Paseo de Cedral, Punta Tunish, San Francisco, Paradise (night dive and according to the group there were a lot of critters out), Yocab, Palancar Bricks, Palancar Gardens, Palancar Caves, and Tomentos...... Didn't make it to Barracuda because we had some inexperienced divers with us.

-----water temp: 81 to 82 F

Resturants: Guidos (always go there at least once on every trip) was great as usual, Kintas 3rd time there and it was outstanding, La Co Cay - have not been there in years and didn't know it had moved again from close to the square to further north.... food was really excellent, Pizza Rolandi (wanted to try it after it reopened used to be at the Guidos location ...food was good but not as good as Guidos, ate at Primas a couple of times and it was very good. Now for the not so good........ One of the very nicest places on the island is Sorissi's (sp?) have been there now 3 times and I hate to say it but they just don't have their act together yet... was there when it first opened and the service was terrible and the food delivered incorrectly but when we finally got served it was very good even if it was not what we ordered. The next time was last December and the service was excellent and the food was just average. This time (July) the food as OK but the service was not very good. Out of 10 people that ate there only 2-3 thought it was worth the price. I really like the place and the owner but they really need to get their act together.

Speaking of food..... El Cantil is just across the street from Cherauri and a short walk to Mega. Both carry a wide range for groceries so we typically buy food for breakfast, lunch, and snacks (including beer, wine, etc) and it is a great way to save money plus you don't have to get dressed (OK let's be clear no nudity) to go eat. We keep track of the costs of meals in case some that rents out our condo wants to know and on average we spend about $12US per person for breakfast, lunch, and snacks for a week.

Morris
Houston, Texas

Updated list

9/13-9/20, austinacoustic +1, Villa Blanca, Scubamau
9/27-10/2, Bflem55 , Hotel Barracuda, Dive Paradise

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom