September Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can't believe we only have about 1 week until September is here and the fun begins!:banana:

Thanks so much to scubatree for doing an awesome job of maintaining the list!

I'd like to be the first to propose a "Happy Hour"::cheers:

Here are the details:

Where: Wet Wendy's (How to get here...) Just off the north side of the square in San Miguel...

When: Thursday, September 9th 7:00ish (Looks like the 9th is the greatest intersection of schedules for the labor day scubaboarders)

What: Good food, Good Margaritas, and Great Conversation.

RSVP: Nothing formal here, but it would nice to post on the thread if you are coming so I can tell "Wendy" how many to expect.

I can't believe we only have about 1 week until September is here and the fun begins!:banana:

Thanks so much to scubatree for doing an awesome job of maintaining the list!

I'd like to be the first to propose a "Happy Hour"::cheers:

Here are the details:

Where: Wet Wendy's (How to get here...) Just off the north side of the square in San Miguel...

When: Thursday, September 9th 7:00ish (Looks like the 9th is the greatest intersection of schedules for the labor day scubaboarders)

What: Good food, Good Margaritas, and Great Conversation.

RSVP: Nothing formal here, but it would nice to post on the thread if you are coming so I can tell "Wendy" how many to expect.

Say Happy Hour, Is there Rum, I could be in on that.

September water temp. So this is going to be my first trip to Cozumel and I am wondering if I should pack the wetsuit. I am NOT one that typically gets cold, but I don't want to leave the suit at home because I am misinformed... Thoughts?

September water temp. So this is going to be my first trip to Cozumel and I am wondering if I should pack the wetsuit. I am NOT one that typically gets cold, but I don't want to leave the suit at home because I am misinformed... Thoughts?

That's a tough question to answer. I can tell you that I was in Coz last year in September and the water temps were around 83-84 degrees. In 83-84, I wear a 3mm shorty and at the end of a long dive, I'm starting to feel a little on the cold side. Others that I have dove with in those same temps wear only a swimsuit or a skin and never get cold. If you are not one that gets cold, you may be good without a wetsuit. However, if it is even possible, I'd take it - especially if you have a light one like a 3mil.

Wet suit are an option of course, but remember that there are always things that bite in the water.

I started to wear full 3 mil suit because I get bit by fire corals every dive trip. I take pictures and sometimes, I get a little too close to those bitting corals. My last trip in March, I wore my full suit and no bites. I love them for the protection and comfort. Is it the end of September yet???????
:wink::cool2::wink:

Scubatree, I'll let you do the honors, we just booked and we gotta sign stuff.

Me and the missus, 9/15-23, OUR NEW Las Ventanas Condo!!!, Scuba with Alison

So when are we getting together?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom