Servicing Apeks TX50

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ladyver

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Does anyone know if an Apex TX50 (1st and 2nd stages, yoke and DIN) can still be serviced? I haven’t dove it in a few years and want to start using it again this summer.

Does anyone know if an Apex TX50 (1st and 2nd stages, yoke and DIN) can still be serviced? I haven’t dove it in a few years and want to start using it again this summer.
Check the IP first because you might not need to service it at all. Need a IP gauge.
I am still using the same TX50 since 1997 and service it myself.
DIY is dead easy for the main line of Apeks regs. The only issue is the availability of the service kits(1st and 2nd).

Check the IP first because you might not need to service it at all. Need a IP gauge.
I am still using the same TX50 since 1997 and service it myself.
DIY is dead easy for the main line of Apeks regs. The only issue is the availability of the service kits(1st and 2nd).
IP aside I thought the changing of the filter once a year was pretty important with them. 1st stages. I've often wondered if it was a bit crazy and whether you could actually push them harder, depending on how much diving you're doing.

Yeah, overhauls and annual service are sometimes over-rated. I will definitely have a look at DIY for this thing! Having worked in a shop and teaching for several years, I always selected the equipment that was easiest to maintain. I will look for an IP gauge and then decide if I need to service it.

The filter replacement may not be a bad idea!

Back
Top Bottom