Servicing Cressi XS Compact 2nd - seized nozzle body

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's the one. If I had my workshop here I'd have tried to make something like that myself. The people at scuba-clinic also gave some valuable advise so great customer service.

Another company has a different tool - Aqua Lung/Suunto HP QDC Tool - but international shipping from US companies is just crazy expensive. Also not sure how securely that tool would sit in the slot.

Anyway, will see how it goes. The company stressed this should be a "last resort" tool, not officially endorsed by Cressi, with potential to cause damage to the regulator. Basically a "try it before binning it" thing.

As an update, the tool arrived today and I was finally able to crack open the valve assembly. It took a reasonably amount of force, but not excessive; just more than what the plastic insert could counter.

The assembly seems to be undamaged and doesn't even look to be excessively corroded. Even if it was, replacement assemblies are about £5 so main thing for me was getting it out without damaging the regulator body.

I'll be using the tool from now on in future servicing whenever the assembly is more than beyond hand-tight to avoid any potential damage to the housing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom