Setting up the Inon s-2000 for first time use with G12 - please help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Nemrod.... know anything about the oly xz-1? Would love to see one of your charts for using the s2000 with this camera :)

Coral, I am not fully up on the XZ-1 but as far as I know, from my very limited experience with the camera (which amounts to a few minutes) and from reading the manual, the basic setup should be similar to the typical Canon P&S. The best thing to do, silly sounding or not, get your rig together and stand about 10 feet in front of a large mirror and fire the camera/strobe into the mirror. You should see the external strobe flash visible in the resulting image. All my chart really does is give the compatible settings to allow (Inon) strobe sync. Run through the basic settings and build your own chart.

I almost bought the XZ-1 but now I wish for the Sony but my wife is fussing at me so I guess I will wait :(.

N

---------- Post Merged at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:07 PM ----------

. When I tried this at home I had the impression that without the magnet in full manual the pictures I got were underexposed. I did not try shooting into a mirror.

That is becaue the strobe was indeed firing but not in sync with the shutter, you need the magnet in that condition.

You may only dive 12 times a year but there is no reason not to dive your bathroom mirror. Heck, put some water in the tub and put your fins on, uh, maybe not, or at least we do not want to see the resulting images but that is how you can make certain your strobe is synchronized in the various modes you shoot in. If you do not see the strobe firing in the image, remove or install the magnet and try again. Adjust only one variable at a time.

It will not harm the strobe to dry fire them, just do not blaze away without giving a cool down as Inon strobes do use water to cool them. The manual even says you can use them dry. Also, please DO NOT remove or install the magnet while the strobe is turned on.

N

Coral, I am not fully up on the XZ-1 but as far as I know, from my very limited experience with the camera (which amounts to a few minutes) and from reading the manual, the basic setup should be similar to the typical Canon P&S. The best thing to do, silly sounding or not, get your rig together and stand about 10 feet in front of a large mirror and fire the camera/strobe into the mirror. You should see the external strobe flash visible in the resulting image. All my chart really does is give the compatible settings to allow (Inon) strobe sync. Run through the basic settings and build your own chart.

I almost bought the XZ-1 but now I wish for the Sony but my wife is fussing at me so I guess I will wait :(.

N

Thought it might the same as canon but it never hurts to ask.

BTW... if your wife would love to have you sell off some equipment... like maybe a subsee +5... I want first dibs! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom