SF Hotel Suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Quarrior

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm flying into Travis AFB outside SF next weekend and will be staying in SF for a few days before I get on my flight to Phuket on Tuesday.

I'm looking for suggestions on where to stay while in SF. This will be on my own dime, which I don't have a lot of, so it needs to be reasonable, safe, and decent.

Thanks

I am not sure how inexpensive you are looking for, but.....

Hotel Triton off of Union Square is generally medium priced ($175), Golden Gate Hotel is an inexpensive B&B near Union Square (last time I checked it was about $150 a night including breakfast). I have stayed at both and I prefer the Golden Gate Hotel.

Doing a search on Expedia will bring up good deals too, just make sure the hotel is actually in San Francisco. Keep in mind that next weekend is a holiday weekend and prices will be higher.

PM me if you need more specific info.

IF you are GI (I suspect you are) The cheaper billets would be

1. Travis AFB Billeting (Space A basis for non duty passengers)
2. Marine Memorial Hotel

Those are the 2 top ones I can think of... PM me if I you need anything else

Ben_ca:
IF you are GI (I suspect you are) The cheaper billets would be

1. Travis AFB Billeting (Space A basis for non duty passengers)
2. Marine Memorial Hotel

Those are the 2 top ones I can think of... PM me if I you need anything else
I considered the space A at Travis. Only problem is it would leave me there for 3 days with nothing to do until Tuesday when I need to catch my flight out of SF to Thailand. I may still go that route.

I found one on Expedia Club Quarters in San Francisco for 84.00 per night.

Hi Quarrior,

I moved your thread into the NorCal forum, because I think you'll find more people from the Bay area reading it.

That said, I've stayed at the Hotel Triton that was mentioned and really liked it, but it might be a bit on the spendy side for what you're wanting on this trip.

Christian

headhunter:
Hi Quarrior,

I moved your thread into the NorCal forum, because I think you'll find more people from the Bay area reading it.

That said, I've stayed at the Hotel Triton that was mentioned and really liked it, but it might be a bit on the spendy side for what you're wanting on this trip.

Christian
Thanks Headhunter. Actually, you can close it now. I just spoke with Billeting at Travis and I can't pass up on the price, that and they have plenty of space for that time frame.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom