Shadling update?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cozdreamer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Shadling, your original post about DAN grew so much, that I wanted to touch base and ask if you and the family were able to safely leave the island and see how your wife is feeling now? I've had you guys on my mind and in my prayers since you first reported here.

I'm with ya on that. I'm here now, and have been tempted to stop into the hotel to make sure they are safely long gone.

Best wishes to your wife, Shadling.

His wife discovered a snake on their boat two years ago, and now this. She may be ready to sell her gear.

So ... does Mexico have privacy laws that would correspond to HIPAA in the USA? Could I just waltz into the International Hospital and ask if the status of a patient?

So ... does Mexico have privacy laws that would correspond to HIPAA in the USA? Could I just waltz into the International Hospital and ask if the status of a patient?

I am not educated on the laws, but unofficially much can be known by simply asking reassuringly in a mater of fact manner. Waltzing in works in North America surprisingly frequently in my experience as well.

Personally, I'd rather a stranger wait for my go-ahead before checking directly with my doctor as to my medical condition. The gesture is kind, but might feel invasive.

I hope the OP comes back to update us with a full recovery.

I would say leave the family alone, when they are ready to update you they will.

My apologies if my post suggested that I would be taking any action. While I am curious and hope that Shadling's wife has made a full recovery, my question was intended to be of a more general nature about Mexican medical privacy laws, using the recent event as perhaps a too convenient example.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom