Shadow Divers: John Chatterton's Interview with ScubaBoard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't really have much to add to this thread except that I loved the book Shadow Divers, and it's really nice seeing John here on SB and responding to this thread.

Always nice to have one of such fine repute join us in our discussions. Welcome to the board JC.

John C.,,,,thanks for your own input to the thread and Welcome to SB. I have enjoyed several conversations with your buddy Richie.....you both keep up the great works....and of course safe and fun diving!
A.K.
:wink:

Hello John,

Sorry I missed you at the DEMA show, I was looking forward to talking with you. I wanted to get your impressions on our reels.

What's next for deep sea detectives?

Dennis

Wow! I never expected this...welcome to the boards John! I'm a big fan...I've read SD of course, and I've never missed an episode of Deep Sea Detectives and the work you and Ritchie did on the Titanic was historic to say the least!

I'm amazed that a thread on a board about someone actually brought that someone in. I've seen/read alot over the years but this is a first. I hope you stay and hang out, contributing to other threads....

John you have been on all sorts of adventures and interacted with many things underwater. What moment or dive stands out to you as an all time favorite underwater?

For me I often think of being in the middle of a school a shad for a couple of minutes or watching some freshwater sturgeon school. Not so fond of watching the really really really big --did I say big snake swoop down and eat a small mouth bass that I was watching. My dive experience is limited, but I have managed to tuck away a few memories that I would love to relive if I could and often think of those moments.

So could you share a few moments underwater that you remember with great fondness?

Welcome to the board John C. As busy as you must be, it's very gracious of you to take time out and chat with us!

I just finished The Last Dive and am now reading Shadow Divers. After I finish SD I am going to read Shadow Divers Exposed and then Diver Down. I'm not a wreck diver, nor do I ever intend to be one (I freak out in enclosed spaces on the surface, there's no way I could handle it under water), but I really appreciate the pioneering work you guys put forth for this sport. IMHO diving would not be what it is today w/o you guys.

John C. Welcome to the board and it is great to see you here. I thoroughly enjoyed Shadowdivers and your recent show on the Titannic/Britannic was great. I add to my thanks for all that you have done for the diving community.

John,

Welcome to the board, it really is impressive to see people as busy as yourself to take a little time and talk to the dive community through such an open forum as this when you can. If you are ever in South Texas, there's a beer with your name on it here. I look forward to learning more from you in the future.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom