Shadow Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bvmjethead

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I heard about this book here on ScubaBoard and have since wanted to read it. My lovely wife bought for me as a Valentines Day present.

I'm about a third of the way through it now. This is a book you cannot put down.

Great read so far.

Looking forward to reading others like it.

I heard about this book here on ScubaBoard and have since wanted to read it. My lovely wife bought for me as a Valentines Day present.

I'm about a third of the way through it now. This is a book you cannot put down.

Great read so far.

Looking forward to reading others like it.

Most Everyone has enjoyed it very much....

I couldn't stop reading it either!!

Glad you like it!

I thought it was a great book! I started reading The Last Dive, but it didnt keep my attention and didn't end up finishing it.

Might I recommed Deep Descent.

Next month one of the main characters from Shadow Divers is going to talk about rebreathers at A-1 Scuba in Trevose, PA. Rich Kohler was the rebel Atlantic Wreck Diver who ultimately befriended Chatterton in the discovery of the U-896. If you go to their web site and are local to the area you might find him interesting and certainly educational. I don't hang out at that store much since they didn't pay me for over 5 years of dedication.

I guess you might say I don't recommend buying anything there... especially since I can get it for you MUCH cheaper through my own connections.

Can't believe I'm giving information that can make him money even now.

Deep Descent, Last Dive, Shadow Divers... all really really good reads IMHO. I think SD is my fave -

Do a search on Chatterton. John participated in a a few threads and gave some remarkable insight into some of the incidents in the book.

I just finished reading Dark Descent (the follow up to Deep Descent). I have read all of the books mentioned (with the exception of Shallow Divers, hehehe) and they are all good reads but Shadow Divers is by far the best read. If I come across any other good scuba reads I will let you know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom