Shanghai diver drowns in Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You mean even though you were not far away from the slope but practically clinging on to it, there were still down currents hitting the wall?

P

Nothing at the wall. However the boundary layer might be about 2’ thick.

I was on the Verde Island wall on my 19th dive (ever). I was in over my head, but had the commonsense to deal with it, and maybe some lucky horseshoes up my butt. It scared me a bit, and I didn't go on the wall again after that. The trouble is, when you have that little experience you don't know what you don't know, and you don't yet know what could happen.

I was on the Verde Island wall on my 19th dive (ever). I was in over my head, but had the commonsense to deal with it, and maybe some lucky horseshoes up my butt. It scared me a bit, and I didn't go on the wall again after that. The trouble is, when you have that little experience you don't know what you don't know, and you don't yet know what could happen.
Any responsible operator who took inexperienced diver to dive Verde Island is beyond comprehension.
That place can be tricky even for the "true" experienced diver eg. down current.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom