Shark attack response

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Years ago, I was a private in the WA National Guard and we were out on an exercise at the Yakima Firing Center. I kid you not, there was a full blown lightning storm going on and they had a line of APC's and tanks at the top of a ridge with antennas up and everything. I volunteered to be a ground guide.

Just like shark attacks, they say getting struck by lightning is extremely uncommon, yet I think there are still ways to ensure that you buck the odds.

All of those vehicles were natural Faraday cages. Safest place to be was inside them. Just don't ground yourself. (Same thing for a car in a storm.)

My response to a shark attack ---- bleed.

Or alternately ask the shark to calculate pi to the last decimal point.

fashion pink seems to work the best.

all_c2_taser_61.jpg

I saw something on tv where guys were hypnotizing hammerheads and GWs in Mexico by pushing on their noses with their hand.
I didn't try this myself while in Galapegos so your on your own in testing it!

Since sharks can cripple us for life and sharks can kill us, I'm curious, what can cause more harm than this and what would it be?
Box jelly. Sea snakes true sea snakes)
I'm more afraid of a jelly than I will ever be a shark after being stung in the dark while swimming in Sea of Cortez. Probably a small PMoW by the looks of the sting. Took my breath way it stung so bad. Thank goodness I was in about 3 feet of water! Darn thing took 3 months to heal, too!

Box jelly. Sea snakes true sea snakes)
I'm more afraid of a jelly than I will ever be a shark after being stung in the dark while swimming in Sea of Cortez. Probably a small PMoW by the looks of the sting. Took my breath way it stung so bad. Thank goodness I was in about 3 feet of water! Darn thing took 3 months to heal, too!

+1 on the box jelly. I was in Austrailia, and they were outright deadly. The sea snakes were very vemonous, but extremely timid. They didn't bother us at all. Sorry to hear you may have got hit by the PMoW. They can take you out in a nasty way. Lucky you where able to heal from that.

I don't think the stabbing his buddy would be his best bet, only because his 16 year old son is his buddy lol

Saves on college fees as well.

(sorry)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom