Shark Map

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's interesting that some of them occurred on land... :wink:

Packhorse:
Lucky it didnt show sharks attacked by humans. 100 million a year is an awfull lot of sites to map.

...speaking of which! Have you seen that new show on Discovery? The shark hunter (I think it's called)

A bunch (100s) of guys on boats going out and catching/killing mako sharks for sport.

Tamas:
...speaking of which! Have you seen that new show on Discovery? The shark hunter (I think it's called)

A bunch (100s) of guys on boats going out and catching/killing mako sharks for sport.

You know all these guys who fish for sharks would be pissed if they were sitting down to dinner one day and as soon as they bit into a steak they got hooked. That would piss them off especially after someone dragged them just like a fish on a line.

Packhorse:
So why dont you point out where all the other attacks occured then? The author of the site asks for anyone who knows of more attacks to let them know.

I've no desire. The author can do web searches as easily as I. If you have a desire to assist, you might suggest the International Shark Attack File to start.

Walter:
I've no desire. The author can do web searches as easily as I. If you have a desire to assist, you might suggest the International Shark Attack File to start.

You can just add stuff to the map yourself. You don't have to ask for permission or submit anything.

I only noticed this map a few days ago and it does say that it is in progress.

The International Shark Attack File is amazing, but they don't give details or link to news stories, do they? It's just lots of incredible statistics.

There's a privacy issue. Reports of shark attacks have names and contact info on both victims and witnesses. I received confirmation this morning that my report was recieved and is being added into the file.

Back
Top Bottom