Shark Map

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

On a serious note - some of those attacks were the result of some really silly thought processes.

Why would you swim in a group of seals in an area where great whites are know to feed on them?

Z..

Yeah. That one struck me, too. She probably thought it was worth the risk.

The one I found scariest was the guy who jumped off his back dock for his daily swim in the canal and got munched by a bull shark. I think that was in Australia.

I guess a part of the fascination for me is the fact that being eaten by another animal used to be a relatively common part of the human experience and now the only animal I personally have any chance of being eaten by is a shark. Alligators are pretty dangerous, but I don't share habitat with them. Same for large cats. Bears.

Walter:
Sharks are not that smart.

Yes, they are. Perhaps not to the point of splitting atoms, but they are reasonably intelligent. Much moreso than many dog breeds.
(Blanket-statement to blanket-statement.)

Back
Top Bottom