Shark Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I didnt realize zboss was kidding lol. I was spellbound waiting for the answer of how he tackled these "monsters of the sea".
Actually I just thought he was being condesending to the original poster. But then again mabe Im just kidding?

ScubaTwo:
I didnt realize zboss was kidding lol. I was spellbound waiting for the answer of how he tackled these "monsters of the sea".
Actually I just thought he was being condesending to the original poster. But then again mabe Im just kidding?
I really wanted to know what the Zboss meant-I think only he can really tell us....we wait patiently....Peace...Saildiver

saildiver:
I really wanted to know what the Zboss meant-I think only he can really tell us....we wait patiently....Peace...Saildiver
Still no response? I'm starting to wonder if he hasn't had another one of those 3 out of 100 times type of experiences ...

saildiver:
Hey Gangrel-I guess you didn't see my humor..Peace...Saildiver

Sorry guys....guess I was a bit humor impaired last week. I usually look for smilies when people are joking. No harm, no foul. :wink:

saildiver:
You know, Sterling,eyes can be difficult to stab on a moving target...Peace...Saildiver. :wink:
Sure, that's why I have always preferred to use explosives in my own close encounters with the bitey monsters of the briny deep.

I also tried carrying a Saturday Night Special in a little zip-loc bag for a while, but it didn't never scared away nasty critters underwater, because they didn't seem to know what it was. I was shocked at their ignorance.

Stirling:
Sure, that's why I have always preferred to use explosives in my own close encounters with the bitey monsters of the briny deep.

I also tried carrying a Saturday Night Special in a little zip-loc bag for a while, but it didn't never scared away nasty critters underwater, because they didn't seem to know what it was. I was shocked at their ignorance.
:crafty: You know, Sterling,I'll tell you a story I was told by someone in the navy. In WWII sharks were so feared that if a few were seen,it wasn't uncommon to shoot at them with the ships machine guns or occassioaly to even use depth charge explosives on them....is that where you got your ideas?... :crafty: ....Peace....Saildiver

saildiver:
:crafty: You know, Sterling,I'll tell you a story I was told by someone in the navy. In WWII sharks were so feared that if a few were seen,it wasn't uncommon to shoot at them with the ships machine guns or occassioaly to even use depth charge explosives on them....is that where you got your ideas?... :crafty: ....Peace....Saildiver
Actually, I was remembering a story from WWII of a couple of servicemen in the South Pacific who were killing sharks by throwing dynamite into the water wrapped in some old spoiled beef or something like that (I can't remember all the particulars). They were in a small boat of some kind, and one of their sharky victims swallowed a chunk of beef wrapped around dynamite - and then swam under the boat. The explosion shredded the boat, and dumped the servicemen into the water with all of the remaining beef and a bunch of soggy dynamite. Somehow they got back to shore.

I have no idea if that story is true or not, but it was in one of the dozens of books I read about sharks when I was a kid (30+ years ago). Whether the story is true or not, it does capture something of the loathing people used to feel toward sharks.

I'm sure it would depend on where you were. When diving from a boat in false bay , Cape Town , the rule of thumb is to descend as soon as you can and not to hang around on the surface..........good diving.

That is Funny! (and so true!) yesterday my buddy & I were spearfishing in the GoM when we were confronted by a 10-12' Bull. Within 30 seconds there were two. Within 45 seconds, my butt was back on the boat!

scubapro50:
that's why you always dive with a buddy ... there's a 50/50 chance that if a hungry shark shows up he will eat your buddy and not you .... remember my 3 simple rules for shark encounters ... (1) if a single shark is present never take your eye off him .... (2) if 2 sharks are there then start back for the boat before any more of their friends show up .... (3) if 3 or more sharks appear then you will find me back at the beach club having a beer telling how I barely escaped being eaten alive ....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom