Sharks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pour a little coffee in those grits and they'll look like pu.

And let's not forget last night's grits fried in yesterday's bacon grease.

Bless your heart.

downdeep:
Bless your heart.
Now that’s what you southern women say to cover something nasty, “she’s a real ****, bless her little heart.” With that phrase you can get away with anything, bless your little heart.

But that code only works if we're talking to another women. It's kinda like when someone has an ugly baby and you say,"Now isn't she sweet" instead of "Your child looks like a gorilla."

When spoken to a man, "bless your heart" is meant in the most sincere and heartfelt way. Trust me on this. It's in the handbook.

downdeep:
But that code only works if we're talking to another women. It's kinda like when someone has an ugly baby and you say,"Now isn't she sweet" instead of "Your child looks like a gorilla."

When spoken to a man, "bless your heart" is meant in the most sincere and heartfelt way. Trust me on this. It's in the handbook.
I recon so.

Hello all, Got in 18 dives in Jamaica,
Experienced 2 dives with the Nurse sharks.
Took all of your advice and welcomed it... They were resting ander a ledge about 70' down. I was taking some pictures of them and got within 1' away:D

I know it's just a nurse shark and not your typical start, but it was a wonderful introduction and quite soothing for my fears. Totally magic just like you said. Can't help but still think about how they look at you and stare into your soul.

These Threads really do help, especially for the newbie so thanks alot!!!

Another suggestion: Go the the NC wrecks where the sand tigers are. They are placid and beautiful. They took my shark phobia away.

Hi,

Is there a lot of sharks in the west Indies? Cause I have to do a 800m swim in open water and I read that sharks attack swimmers particularly......:confused:

Cheers

PUGMASTER:
I heard the have a product out that is made up of liquified dead shark and if sharks are around and they smell this, they disappear quite quickly.

I don't understand why this would work, they're not cows....
Ever heard of chum? This is a product made up of liquified dead fish (which sharks are), and is often used to attract sharks.

I wouldn't stress so much about it (I know that's useless advice). Unless the place is really well known for being sharky, you probably won't see any. Try Bonaire, 6 months there and I never even saw a nurse shark...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom