Sharks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PUGMASTER:
I have one of those kind of stories also, but it was a black bear.

I'm sh #$%^&% just reading this.
Me too, I had to spent the night in a very cold truck.

Thalassamania:
I thought they were stupid. My Mom bought if for me because she'd read about the sharks down there and she was worried. I almost did not take it, and the only reason I mounted it on my backback was to keep her happy.
Mother knows best.

I was diving with my brother and 15 year old niece on an NC wreck last summer when we had an amusing shark encounter. I was buddied up with my niece when one second I turn around and she is gone. I mean vanished and I had just checked on her like two seconds earlier. Anyway I begin searching around the small wreck with rising anxiousness and thoughts of "Oh man, I've lost my niece" when I come upon my brother. He indicated that she was safe and showed me his slate where she had written "BIG ***** SHARK" as she had headed to the surface (she claims she controlled her ascent). She was fine fortunately. We were at least pleased that she had been able to use profanity properly in the midst of near panic. I was sorry I had missed the shark which apparently had been as startled as she was.

Thalassamania, you are my hero.

Can I be one of your groupies?

downdeep:

Not until you change your user name to "Old Geezer Want to Be".

fisherdvm:
Not until you change your user name to "Old Geezer Want to Be".

Hey, hey, hey. I resemble that remark!

downdeep:

You’d be the first, but I have to warn you, there will be a swim test and a written exam.

Thalassamania:
You’d be the first, but I have to warn you, there will be a swim test and a written exam.

GASP!! You mean I have to prove that I know what I'm doing?? NO WAY!

Comrade Diver Thalassamania,

You should no longer consider yourself 'Comrade wannabe'. In our esteem you have risen to the status of "Comrade Diver, Tamer of Sharks"

You may now update your signature.
:14:

Clearly if you think you want to go back into the dark ages of diving (as some would have you believe I do) you have no idea of what you are doing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom