She Dives Reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stine

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I just saw the new She Dives Reg on the Mares website! I must have it!!!!
The only online shop that has it (divers-discount.com) listed as "coming soon"...
Can you please tell me when this reg will be out for sale???
:D Patience is not a virtue!

Stine,

Glad you like it. This regulator will be available to dealers by the end March of 2007. Check back with me then and I'll confirm.

Happy New Year!

:shakehead
March? But I'm diving in February! OK, I'll wait....Is it out yet????
:popcorn:

Thanks for letting me know Zak!

So what about this reg do you like Stine? What makes it stand out for you? Hopefully Zak can fill us in a bit on this as well (including a link)! :D

Here is a link that I have for the reg;
http://www.mares.com/product_detail.php?id=233&region=USA
I was really excited when I found this one because I have a hard time fitting scuba gear because I am so scrawny! The Mares Kailla BCD was the first BCD I found that didn't ride up around my shoulders and hit me in the chin. I am hoping that the new reg will be smaller in size too!
The reg is supposed to be lightweight, dry, and balanced. Exactly what I was looking for! I am a very inexperienced diver, but this looks like a great reg to me! If anyone else feels differently let me know, but I do have my heart set on this one.

Way cool. Be sure to write up a review on it when you DO get to dive it.

So with the cw kit attached I am guessing this will make a great cold water reg.

Would it be right Zak/Phil to assume that with the kit attached this reg would do the same job, as safely, as say the proton ice extreme?
With being able to safely use this reg in ice diving, eg Arctic to GBR and warm water diving.

Tracy, the ice extreme has a plastic coating over the metal components to reduce ice formation, so it's not the same as a V42 she-dives with a cold water kit... Now does this plastic coating actually make a difference? I presume so, but I'm sure Phil and Zak will have more to say on that...

This said, I'm sure the V42 with cold water kit would be a good cold water option/ice diving option...

I wonder what the Mares guys think of this?

How does this differ from the normal V42 Proton Metal, which is already out? The two differences I see are a different mouthpiece (not available in the US version), and that it's "Elegant and beautiful." I think they're the same size, the V42 I handled in my LDS was certainly quite compact.

If you want it now, just the normal V42 might be a decent option.

tracy_from_oz:
So with the cw kit attached I am guessing this will make a great cold water reg.

Would it be right Zak/Phil to assume that with the kit attached this reg would do the same job, as safely, as say the proton ice extreme?
With being able to safely use this reg in ice diving, eg Arctic to GBR and warm water diving.

Tracy,
Absolutely, this regulator fitted with an enviornmental seal will be an exceptional regulator for cold water and warm water. You'll be able to take it around the world with no problems. It is hard to compare the Ice Extreme to the 42 Proton. Technically the 42 is our highest performance regulator, most compact 1st stage and as I mentioned great for all conditions. The Extreme is going to be the best in the most extreme conditions due to the "technofluoropolymer" coating on the body and critical parts in the 2nd stage. It is virtually impossible for ice to collect on or in the 2nd stage. It sounds like to me that the 42 proton is going to work perfectly for your diving.

How does this differ from the normal V42 Proton Metal, which is already out? The two differences I see are a different mouthpiece (not available in the US version), and that it's "Elegant and beautiful." I think they're the same size, the V42 I handled in my LDS was certainly quite compact.

The she dives 42 and the proton 42 are the same regulator except for the cosmetics. You are correct it will not come with the Jax mouthpiece, it will come with our normal mouthpiece although the color will be ice blue to match the color of the purge button crown.

Hope this helps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom