Shearwater Perdix Battery Died Twice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I switched to 3.6v lithium. They don't last as long but i bought 4 and a charger so I swap them more frequently. So far (maybe 50 dives) no repeat of full to dead in one dive.

Yeah, among all the battery options the 3.6v lithium battery is the best between economy and battery life performance. Just a friendly reminder, if you dive and swapped them out regularly please be sure to have them replaced for new batteries every 2 years, as their capacity drops over time.

Currently, my Perdix has just arrived in Phuket, the nearest authorised service centre in my region, and the technician would let me know what the problem is very soon.

I'm not worried anything about it right now because it is still covered under Shearwaters special extended warranty 🥂

Just an update about my Perdix, the service centre have diagnose that my faulty main board is the culprit causing battery draining fast and they are replacing the main board for me under warranty foc. I asked how could that happened and I was simply been told that some older Perdix AI is susceptible of having the same kind of main board issue that I'm having, and they aren't telling what is the problem actually...

Anyway, I'm getting a half brand new computer after 2 years, I'm happy ☺️

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom