Shearwater Predator Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In it's natural environment, mounted on your wrist, underwater, there is very little chance of rebound. Most who hate the taping, have never used it in its natural environment.

Once you know that accelerometers can suffer from rebound when held too firmly, you adjust to using it out of its natural environment quite easily.

I don't know that it's the best thing in the world, but it works well, & is simple & intuitive to use when coupled to the right software.

PS. So, did any of the researches in this thread, find anything about sticking buttons on the Predator.

PS. So, did any of the researches in this thread, find anything about sticking buttons on the Predator.

No buttons, so no sticky stuff!!!

Last edited:
As promised. The following is a list but not limited to some functions and features I also like about the Predator. Many other brands also have these so they are not exclusive to Shearwater.

• All information is colour coded. Green= all OK, Red for problems, yellow for “need action”
  • On-board dive Planner (down to 300ft) Next firmware release will calc to 600ft
  • Closed Circuit mode for fixed PPO2 or cell monitoring via fisher connector
  • Solenoid control/monitoring on various CCR machines
  • Millvolts data for each O2 sensor (CC)
  • Semi Closed Circuit support
  • Automatic setpoint switching. This is configurable
  • No lockout
  • Ascent bar graph
  • Average depth info. I really like this
  • @+5 This gives you updated TTS is you where to stay at current depth for 5 more min
  • GF99 This gives you raw Bulhmann saturation expressed at current depth in % (0-100). This is nice if you need to get out of the water in a hurry, if you understand the risks
  • Battery voltage monitoring
  • “Forward Lookup” Getting a view during your dive via onboard dive planner into all stops, time and gasses looking forward. I like this a lot.
  • Colour options for OLED display titles
  • Fully configurable options for deco algorithms
  • Bluetooth to download dive data, upgrade firmware or adding new algorithms like VPM-B

If I was a dive computer, I would marry a Predator :D

If I was a dive computer, I would marry a Predator :D

I force married mine to a Suunto Vyper in Gauge mode as its back-up and it has not complained yet...lol

Considering the Shearwater 'Predator'..but on the edge as to the OC or OC/CC version for a couple hundred more. And where would be best place to buy one..contacted a couple of shops and only would quote retail..

Back
Top Bottom