Shearwater Predator Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for this review. I am meeting with a dealer in a couple weeks to discuss one. I like the size, readability, and hopefully the price if we can come to an understanding.

Are you looking to carry them or just buy one for yourself? Thinking about getting one also and hoping that they might have a deal on them at the scuba show in a few months.

Thank you for taking the Predator class. Now you should start playing with divePAL Tech :wink:

Tell your friends about us.

Alberto (aka eDiver)
DivePAL is only available on the US store. Shame........

DivePAL is only available on the US store. .......
What do you mean?

divePAL Tech is currently only available for the Windows version. You can download it from our website HERE

Alberto (aka eDiver)

+1 for the Predator. I have tiny wrists and it takes up about half my forearm, but I hate being without it. I had to use a different computer for a recent night dive and it made my dive significantly less fun!

If you've got a local machine shop that you know, you can get an alternative wrist mount made that's a bit better for smaller wrists.

I am sure you can, but carefull. The bracket holding the straps also act as a "protector" for the depth sensor. I wear mine on my high on my forearm without issues. Its works very well. I also added loops to the strap ends so they don't float around.

I guess a better way to ask the question would be to ask if it has a gauge or timer mode that has seconds. You are right if you are using it as a computer you can just do what it says. Having seconds with a timer is helpful with timed stops.

My current computer in gauge mode only has minutes and doing 1 minute stops every 10 feet is easier to accomplish with seconds. 30 seconds to new depth and a 30 second hold. It is a little tougher without seconds, but possible.

Measure with a micrometer......................... :wink:

Reactions: Jax
Not planning on carrying them. Just getting one for myself. I have another independent instructor who is a shearwater dealer who needs some stuff that I carry. Hope to work out a deal.

Measure with a micrometer......................... :wink:

Not yet, just curious about features. I have only sipped the kool-aid so far.....

Back
Top Bottom