Shearwater quality control

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd return it. If you ever decide to resell it the cosmetic defect will be a complication.

I'd return it. If you ever decide to resell it the cosmetic defect will be a complication.
I would never resell it. I am waiting for Shearwater to do something about it.

Shearwater has been nothing but top notch for response and repair of everything. How can you be upset with them wanting more details and more detailed pictures? Also, you bought it from a demo store? The unit was likely used or on a shelf for grubby hands to monkey with? Purchased at a discounted price and upset it has a discounted look...

I bought it from one of the Authorized Demo Centre stores listed in SW website. I will not mention their name because I don’t think it is their fault.
Why didn’t you take it back to the shop you bought it from unless you bought it online?

You’re peevish because you’re being asked for more proof about the issue from Divetronix? It’s a $1K ish dive computer you want a replacement on and lots of iffy people these days.

Shearwater has been nothing but top notch for response and repair of everything. How can you be upset with them wanting more details and more detailed pictures? Also, you bought it from a demo store? The unit was likely used or on a shelf for grubby hands to monkey with? Purchased at a discounted price and upset it has a discounted look...
The computer is brand new, paid full price. They asked me to take additional pictures at a certain angle to see if the color shifted, whatever that F mean. I think this is ridiculous to be honest. I am more than happy to ship them the unit so they can spend as much time as they want doing their CSI work on it. I just want a new computer. I am sorry if I am offending the SW cult here.

The computer is brand new, paid full price. They asked me to take additional pictures at a certain angle to see if the color shifted, whatever that F mean. I think this is ridiculous to be honest. I am more than happy to ship them the unit so they can spend as much time as they want doing their CSI work on it. I just want a new computer. I am sorry if I am offending the SW cult here.
You paid full price from a shop, return it, this is the same advice you’ll get on any other brand or type of equipment, let them deal with it.

I would not be offended. As someone else mentioned, companies are contacted by people trying to return items for all kinds of bogus reasons. Your issue is cosmetic, so I can understand they are cautious. Take lots of pictures, showing the blemish, send them to SW or Divetronix or whoever is requesting them, explain to them nicely what you feel is objectionable, and then let us know how it turns out.

I would not be offended. As someone else mentioned, companies are contacted by people trying to return items for all kinds of bogus reasons. Your issue is cosmetic, so I can understand they are cautious. Take lots of pictures, showing the blemish, send them to SW or Divetronix or whoever is requesting them, explain to them nicely what you feel is objectionable, and then let us know how it turns out.
How do you know it is cosmetic? I have asked Richard from SW Service Centre and he could not tell me what the issue is. His reply was "Uh oh ☹!".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom