Sheephead reef this Saturday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TeqP:
Well, I guess it's just three of us so far.
John - are you bringing two tanks? I am bringing my two tanks and so is my buddy.
I only have one tank, but if I rent another from sportchalet, it might make more sense than going to go for a fill and paying for entry as well. I'll try to get that working

John

mccabejc:
Yes, I do believe I can get down with this. And it looks like the surf will be pretty small on Saturday. Though it will be LOW tide just after 7am (-1 ft.). As I recall you guys were banging your tanks on the shallow rocks trying to get out last time. What do you think?
Actually it was the oppposite. When the tide was high, we were climbing boulders. when it is low, your fins can hit the reef during the kick out.
I like it low tide.

JB

I'm up here in Ventura...so, can someone fill me in on the approx locations of the dives and type (approx depth) before I make a commitment?

SNOBORDJON:
I only have one tank, but if I rent another from sportchalet, it might make more sense than going to go for a fill and paying for entry as well. I'll try to get that working
Yeah, I think the 2nd tank would be a better way to go. If the conditions are good we can head to LagunaSeaSports for a fill and do Deadman's if you want/have time.
rossjc:
I'm up here in Ventura...so, can someone fill me in on the approx locations of the dives and type (approx depth) before I make a commitment?
Follow this link for the location http://www.lagunaseasports.com/divesite/crystal/crystal.asp

It is a few minutes north of Shaw's Cove, so a little closer from Ventura, but not much. Approx depth is 35-45' for Crystal Cove. Deadman's is approx 40-60'.

SNOBORDJON:
cool. So far no one else has responded. Where is everyone?
aaron, seth, anyone else...kara, lexy, scotts, jim, thomas, christian?
Everyone is welcome to go.

I am on the fence still. I might be able to show for one dive, but if I am not there right at 7am, don't wait for me. I really want to go, but worked a ton this week and am a bit exhausted, as well as I have somewhere I should be at 10am.

Hey I'd love to come, but all my dive gear is already in storage and I'm busy getting ready for my trip. Hope you have a good dive.

You guys want to do Malaga instead? There's a charity dive tomorrow at Malaga, with BBQ, raffles, etc. Also they have a "sherpa" service to lug your gear back up the hill. Sounds like fun.

Decisions, decisions.

Laguna...Malaga...Laguna...Malaga...Hakuna...Matata

I haven't dived at Crystal Cove before, is it worth the stairs??

Crystal Cove is a hike, thats for sure.. I thought it was worth it. Its not a dive I'd do every week but its a cool dive in my book.

-Thomas

Ann Marie:
I haven't dived at Crystal Cove before, is it worth the stairs??

I thought it was a great dive last time. The entry is rocky and the steps are a workout, but there is lots of life and some really cool structure to explore.

I'm pretty pooped after this work week, but I'm gonna drag my sorry self out of the sack and be down there at 7. Kara, Jim, Ann Marie... you know you want to go!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom