sherwood oasis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aquasport

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
LP has a package, oasis reg,avid bc,minmus oc, 3 gauge console for 700.00. Is this a good starter for a newbie? Any feedback on this reg? Thanks

aquasport once bubbled...
LP has a package, oasis reg,avid bc,minmus oc, 3 gauge console for 700.00. Is this a good starter for a newbie? Any feedback on this reg? Thanks

If you're planning on doing coldwater diving, you might want to go with another reg. The Oasis is designed for warm water diving.

Actually the Oasis was a cold-water regulator in the beginning. The moisture retention fins helped in reducing ice formation.

It became a hit in the in the warmer areas for it's moisture recycling qualities. Sherwood then renamed it to the Oasis.

According to my local Sherwood rep.

LP is not an authorized dealer for Sherwood. Scuba.com will give you the same price and the full manufacturer’s warranty.

California

LP offers the exact same warrenty that the mfg offers. Don't let the misinformation about warrenties deter you from buying from them

That being said...I own an Oasis, purchased from a LDS and have been very happy with it. I would have been happier, if I had saved a ton of money when I bought it.

Most of my dives have been done in warm waters also so make sure what you are purchasing suits your diving style.

Knavey once bubbled...
LP offers the exact same warrenty that the mfg offers. Don't let the misinformation about warrenties deter you from buying from them

LP does not offer the same warranty as the LDS. According to "Sam" at LP, LP offers their own warranty.

According to Sherwood, LP is not an authorized dealer for Sherwood and cannot offer the manufacturer's warranty.

Check your facts, you can call Sherwood directly at 949-581-1300.

California

California...

That is EXACTLY what I said. The LP warrenty is EXACTLY the same as the mfg. They will back up the product just like the mfg will.

YOU need to quit spreading misinformation. Also...lets see, if I go to the scuba.com website, I find the Oasis for 269.99 and according to my LP catalogue, it is 219.99. Now if I just place my order, I sort of miss out on that matched savings you talk about also. Scuba.com is only compatible if you phone your order in...and that is if they will match the price. Which then you call LP and see how low they will go etc.

So get off your high horse and let the individual make his own decision based on REAL facts not misleading information.

LP does not have the exact warranty as the manufacturer. Call LP and ask them, they will be honest and state that they offer gray market gear, without the manufacturer's direct warranty. As a result it is not the exact same thing. Buying the regulator from a LDS gets you the manufacturer's warranty. Thats why LP offers you their own personal warranty. LP's warranty is only good with LP. At least the Sherwood warranty is honored at any LDS.

California

Calif, what is gray market gear? Do you have any information on the avid bc for a newbie? Thanks for all the input.

Gray market is the term used when the reseller does not buy directly from the manufacturer. I have bought a strobe from LP and had the information manual come in German. When I contacted Sea & Sea, I received a quick lesson on possible warranty problems.

As far as the Avid, it seems to look like the Zeagle Ranger. I have been a Zeagle fan for some time.

Greg
PADI Course Director

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom