Shore dive weekend of 7/24 & 25

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Grier - In case you didn't get my phone message....
I have to DM in the morning! They were desperate so I'll catch you later in the week. Have a great dive!

joeamit:
Jenny,
I was looking for all of you between 8:00am to 9:00am but couldn’t find anyone, only other groups of divers…….so I headed back home and continued unpacking.
Are we diving tomorrow early in the morning? Please post time and location and PM me your cell phone number if you don’t mind just in case I get lost again……….

Hi Joe,

I'm going to try to dive from Greene St. in Hollywood (between the Dania Pier and North Beach Park) in the morning, hitting the water around 0700. I'm not sure who else is coming, but I think Renee will be there and maybe Big Sage. I'm not exactly sure of Jenny's status due to bubblewatching issues. In fact, I'm pretty sunburned, and that will have to resolve before I go into the water.

It's an easy dive and a nice little reef that's close to shore.

Hope to see you there,
Grier

GrierHPharmD:
Hi Joe,

I'm going to try to dive from Greene St. in Hollywood (between the Dania Pier and North Beach Park) in the morning, hitting the water around 0700. I'm not sure who else is coming, but I think Renee will be there and maybe Big Sage. I'm not exactly sure of Jenny's status due to bubblewatching issues. In fact, I'm pretty sunburned, and that will have to resolve before I go into the water.

It's an easy dive and a nice little reef that's close to shore.

Hope to see you there,
Grier
Grier,
Can you tell me the exact location so that I won't miss you guys again. I can make it before 0700.
Please PM me your cell phone number.

ReneeC:
Grier - In case you didn't get my phone message....
I have to DM in the morning! They were desperate so I'll catch you later in the week. Have a great dive!

I didn't get your message - thanks for the note!

I'll catch up with you next week. Have a great time DMing,
Grier

Scuba Jenny, sorry we did spot you all. Glad we got to meet MB & his family. Hubby says your welcome, he was glad to fix your reg. He laughed and said at least," one of us got to meet you," when I explained I did not manage to hook up with you all on the beach. :scubadive I passed your thanks along to Nicky as well.

We have never dove that far South on Deerfield Beach, usually we go in right at the rocks at the beginning of the private beach and got straight out to the reefs then go North toward the pier. We go there as its the closest for us but we actually prefer LBTS. It seems to us to have alot more critters & corals.

I hope to actually make it into the water with you all soon. Hope you had a good dive this AM.

Zuzanne

joeamit:
I was looking for all of you between 8:00am to 9:00am but couldn’t find anyone, only other groups of divers…
Ditto that remark. I ended up heading near the pier to watch the surf lessons instead. Sounds like I didn't miss much. I saw some cool stuff down at Hollywood later that day. Lots of moon jellies and sea walnuts. The nurse sharks were pretty cool, too! Later.

GrierHPharmD:
Nick gave us some good info about the reef (which we misinterpreted, apparently)
Key word being apparently....I think it was more the darn current that kept us from making any northerly progress in order to get to the better portion of the ledges. Otherwise I think it would have been, as Jenny puts it, "an awsome dive." Mike, you see? not all of Jenny's dives are awsome!!! :D

While Grier, Jenny and Marvel kept on going east, Angie and I called the progress and went back to the first ledge where Angie spotted a nice bug....too bad it wasn't mini season yet!

At any rate, despite not meeting up with Joe, Nathan, and Suzanne, I'm glad we had the chance to get in a dive, even if it wasn't the most enjoyable. Thank you Grier, Marvel, and Jenny for sharing this dive with me and I apologize for it being such a bomb; I guess we won't be diving deerfield much anymore:06: or at least that end. Nathan, I think we should plan some sort of topside activity for us to meet, 'cause if we keep this going, we ain't ever going to get to dive together.

Slight correction Rick. All my dives are awesome. Its just some are more awesome than others. This one is not on my list of top 200 dives! LOL

Scubaguy62:
Nathan, I think we should plan some sort of topside activity for us to meet, 'cause if we keep this going, we ain't ever going to get to dive together.
Haha! That's ok. I was dying to check out the surf lessons anyway (my soon to be new hobby). I figure what I can start doing is bringing my scuba gear and a surf board to the dive site. I'll choose my activity based on the wave activity. I figure this way, I can't lose!

(Wasn't the ocean beautiful for diving Saturday morning. Looked like glass!)

Nate- it was a great day for diving on Sunday. Chris and I took his visiting buddy out snorkeling and we had a really great time! We would have called you, but it was a last minute decision. He got off the plane at 8:30am and we were in the water at 10:30! LOL

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom