Shore diving West Palm Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

towtruck

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey everyone, does anyone know of any good shore diving around the west palm beach area, my wife and I are going to be there the second week of November. And does anyone have an idea of water temp this time of year.

Go to Force E Scuba on Blue Heron Blvd and talk to them about diving under the Blue Heron bridge. You've never seen such amazing stuff in 12 feet of water. I swear. You can only dive at slack tide, period.

water temp estimate is around 78 to 72 or so.. depends on the weather and currents etc. A full 3 mm suit with hood is probably good place to start for most people

Like MacJefff says, check out Blue Heron Bridge: there's a thread that discusses it extensively. http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/florida-diving/386645-blue-heron-bridge-trolls-316.html

This site also has some general information Blue Heron Bridge

Remember it is a slack high tide dive only! Force-E on Blue Heron Blvd has information at the shop and you can rent your gear there too. BHB can be a long dive since it is shallow, so I 'overdress' to avoid becoming cold. This is especially true it you move slowly while taking pictures.

Here's a link to tides estimates from the NOAA. PORT OF WEST PALM BEACH 8722588 Tidal Data Daily View

If you're staying on Singer Island, Pura Vida Divers is also a great dive shop to check out. They're located blocks away from the Blue Heron Bridge and can provide maps, private dive guides, gear rental...whatever you need. Plus, they have their own boat too if you decide you want to venture offshore. You can find their info at Discover Florida Scuba Diving :: Pura Vida Divers.

I like Lauderdale by the sea. Nice reef, lots of activity, and you can dive it any time. If you go that route, contact Steve at Gold Coast Scuba. They do meetup dives all the time.

I like Lauderdale by the sea. Nice reef, lots of activity, and you can dive it any time. If you go that route, contact Steve at Gold Coast Scuba. They do meetup dives all the time.

I agree with acteg on this as well. From WPB, the drive to LBTS is 45 or 50 minutes. It's a great 'regular' beach dive if you get tired of BHB or if the slack high tides times don't work for your schedule.

Yeah, if not diving the bridge in west palm beach then lauderdale by the sea would be next best bet for a
decent shore dive. A bit closer to west palm would be pompano and they dive off of 8th street and 12th street beach.
Limited parking with I think four metered spots at 8th street and four spots at 12th street.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom