Shore Diving Westpunt Made Easy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

handben

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm headed to Curacao and staying at All West Apartments in Westpunt in March with my wife and son (both of whom dive). I know it is a long ways off, but I'm starting to think about which sites we'll dive. I have been once to Curacao for a dive medicine conference and stayed at the Marriotte, and went out one afternoon to Westpunt to dive Playa Kalki and Playa Lagun. I prefer quiet self-catering vacation to a resort - I am certain All West will fit the bill. Bonaire has been our go-to island for the past several years, but not this year due to high ticket prices and the desire to see something different. What I am looking for is a nice guide book A La "Bonaire Shore Diving Made Easy" but for Curacao. I kept a map of the island which is somewhat helpful but there must be better resources out there describing the dive sites and giving directions. Any thoughts? Thanks for the help.

The dive guide looks intriguing. I don't suppose there is any easy way to get a copy in the US is there? Does it give decent topside directions for the shore dives?

I always use the following guide when shore diving in Curacao.

Scuba Shore Diving Site Listing for: Curacao, ABC Islands

Click on the picture to get a description of the dive site. Click on the picture again and you will get a map with photos to help guide you. The last time I stayed at All West, there was a copy of this map in the tank room as well. I thoroughly enjoyed the dive in front of All West. Personally I have had better luck discovering critters when turning left.

The dive guide looks intriguing. I don't suppose there is any easy way to get a copy in the US is there? Does it give decent topside directions for the shore dives?
Hi Handben; I am one of the authors of this guide. It is not easily possible to get a copy in the US. Because of our unreliable mail system we don't want to send the guide by mail. Also payment is a problem because for some reason Paypal doesn't allow receiving money for Netherlands Antilles. As a consequence we don't ship the diving guide to the US or other countries.
In the meantime you could check the "dive site section" on my website. Not all dive sites that are mentioned in the guide are covered there but at least you do have a starting point.

There are no topside directions in the guide. There is a small map in the diving guide so that you get an impression where on the island the dive site is situated. And with a decent map like the "Drive and dive map" you should be able to find your way around.

Handben, I am leaving for Curacao in 7 days (YEAH!!!). Staying 1 week in Lagun and 1 week at Breezes. If you want, Ill look for one and if I see one while there, I'll pick it up and contact you on return.:cool2:
Tom

Last edited:
We have copies of the first edition but I'm sure I can get the newest version before you arrive. Stop by the house when you get to Westpunt.
Gustele,
We have PayPal from the States but check again, I saw a pop up for the Netherlands Antilles Pay Pal recently. Granted, they no longer exist ..... but you might be able to still sign up.

Hey Sunshine, I believe we will see you next Sunday. (just before your trip). We are diving with Mark & Suzy's group.
See you soon
Tom & Isabelle

I saw a pop up for the Netherlands Antilles Pay Pal recently. Granted, they no longer exist ..... but you might be able to still sign up.
Hi Sunshine. I checked this morning and Netherlands Antilles is still in the list of sending payment only. I have sent a question about this to Paypal and hope to receive an answer tomorrow.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom