Should I Replace the Bladder?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

18 years old ?
There is a beginning , middle and end to all objects
your BC is at the end

But if you must test it
1) Pour a liberal amount of "Downey" liquid dishwashing soap into the
inflator bag shale well and soak for about 24 hours (Downey dissolves salt crystals)
2) Drain and wash interior with fresh water
3) Inflate the BC set aside for at lease 24 hours
4) While still inflated place BC in bath tub weight with weight belt to simulate pressure effects
once again for 24 or more hours

List on E bay as a like new never used recently tested BC

Purchase a new BC and dive secure

I suspect Marie13 will agree

SDM

18 years old ?
There is a beginning , middle and end to all objects
your BC is at the end

But if you must test it
1) Pour a liberal amount of "Downey" liquid dishwashing soap into the
inflator bag shale well and soak for about 24 hours (Downey dissolves salt crystals)
2) Drain and wash interior with fresh water
3) Inflate the BC set aside for at lease 24 hours
4) While still inflated place BC in bath tub weight with weight belt to simulate pressure effects
once again for 24 or more hours

Purchase a new BC and dive secure

I suspect Marie13 will agree

SDM

Sam, you must mean Dawn dishwashing liquid. Downey is a liquid fabric softener. :wink:

It is a U.S Divers BC and they only make snorkeling gear now, but the shop said they may be able to find a replacement. I just didn't want to spend a lot of money if it is not necessary. If they can't find a replacement I didn't want to spend even more for a new BC if I didn't need to.

It is a U.S Divers BC and they only make snorkeling gear now, but the shop said they may be able to find a replacement. I just didn't want to spend a lot of money if it is not necessary. If they can't find a replacement I didn't want to spend even more for a new BC if I didn't need to.

Yeah, highly doubt you are going to find a replacement bladder. Inflate it all the way and leave it for 24 hours. Go from there. Just so you know, there is plenty of used equipment available on SB. That's an option for a replacement if needed that won't break the bank.

:rofl3: I was at the bar and literally laughed so hard that my girl friend and her sister looked at me like I was crazy.... They might be right, but great reply nonetheless.

:cheers:

@D_Fresh

Sam Miller III said:

:rofl3: I was at the bar and literally laughed so hard that my girl friend and her sister looked at me like I was crazy.... They might be right, but great reply nonetheless.

:cheers:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Have your pants dried out by now?

Truth is often the best form of humor
This case tragic humor
An accident about to happen
SDM

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom