should I use this mask or exchange it

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cloudbuster

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi I receive my mask today but it seem that it have some tiny holes from the mold that dont go through.
I dont know if this is normal or if I should start the return process, or just use it.
it does seal nice.
if anyone wonder is the Essencce model

2012-04-27_21-18-36_591.jpg2012-04-27_21-18-46_105.jpg
Thanks!

Looks too uniform to be a defect IMO. I've never seen the Mares Essence in person though, so I can't really help you here.
Give the skirt a pull and see if the holes stretch too thin for your liking.

Is that on both sides of the mask skirt?

They look like where the sprues or risers were attached to the mask. I wouldn't worry about it. A sprue is how the plastic is injected into the mold. The riser is how they allow for expansion in the mold. They are then cut or pulled off. I would have no problems using that mask.

They look like where the sprues or risers were attached to the mask. I wouldn't worry about it. A sprue is how the plastic is injected into the mold. The riser is how they allow for expansion in the mold. They are then cut or pulled off. I would have no problems using that mask.

This from the guy who has no problem wearing that suit out in public :rofl3:

I agree, looks normal to me.

Agreed, it looks like injection gates.

Is just I was not expecting to see those tiny holes on the mask.
they are only on the outside.
I be using it then :)
Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom