Show me your mount!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just recieved my new video rig. 1800 lumens all together image_1359639871621963.jpg

I prefer to where the Go Pro head strap with a beany over it to keep it on and in place. Has worked well for me since 2007! I have tried to hold it but just not a easy, especially when grubbing for lobsters; )

Check out my Go Pro videos and you can see the POV is different than holding in your hand, however the scooter attachment could probably do the same. However, it does not work on a SeaDoo or Dacor yellow scooter, it drags the front of the scooter down and pushes the camera back, you end up the footage of the surface. (Been there... done that!; (

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/pAlOBRMUnBg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Underwater Huntress
Underwater Huntress - YouTube

I prefer to where the Go Pro head strap with a beany over it to keep it on and in place. Has worked well for me since 2007! I have tried to hold it but just not a easy, especially when grubbing for lobsters; )

Check out my Go Pro videos and you can see the POV is different than holding in your hand, however the scooter attachment could probably do the same. However, it does not work on a SeaDoo or Dacor yellow scooter, it drags the front of the scooter down and pushes the camera back, you end up the footage of the surface. (Been there... done that!; (

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/pAlOBRMUnBg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Underwater Huntress
Underwater Huntress - YouTube
What kind of beany you talking about? The one i'm familiar with is kinda like a black pantyhose looking thing over the head.

Here is how I mounted my hero3. I used the tripod mount and a bolt through my AGA Mask lense. Works great. You can't get pics of yourself but you get everywhere you look and the camera is secure. I turn it on before the dive and shut it off after. Almost forget its there.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 1,254
OK, so I did the deed. I am very happy with the kit. The lights run 1000 lumens each with a 170 degree beam. The lights can screw off if needed and most camera housing will fit between the lights.

prohandle3.jpgprohandle1.jpg

DSCN0198.jpgDSCN0199.jpgDSCN0202.jpg
GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition
Tec Dive Gear tray & arms with 2 x 900 Lumen lights
DIY buoyancy components made from PVC pipe and "pool noodle" floats

Finally got a tray with adjustable arms

-sent from mobile unit

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1379860192836.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1379860192836.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 954
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/