Show me your Selfie!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SIL took this, now almost 2 yrs ago. Bro is an instructor so I decided to get certified. Have the bug hard core now!

3FECBE1D-B300-4AD3-8214-4EA95506FE93.jpeg

Hey Dan. We are using the so called recreational configuration where primary donate is used. So an OOA diver would get our primary and we would go to our back up regulator on a bungee necklace. But as you probable caught, my bungee necklace was lost on the last dive so I had to come up with solution for that dive. (I was hoping no one would notice! :confused:)

Come to think of it, it might be a good idea to use the octopus once in a while to insure of good working order.

Is anyone else a little surprised at the high percentage of folks that do not have snorkels attached to their masks?

Is anyone else a little surprised at the high percentage of folks that do not have snorkels attached to their masks?

Nope. We are diving, not snorkeling. My snorkel is folded in my BCD pocket ready for use whenever needed. I haven't used it during diving for over 10 years by the way. I put it on my mask for the first 3 years of diving, but later I found it distracting. It flutters during high voltage diving, pulls the seal off my mask and water leaks into my mask. At one time the fast current almost ripped my mask off my face because the snorkel flutters, my mask was flood and I was blinded while getting blown away by the current. It's more of a hazard than a safety device.

Not at all. A snorkel just gets in the way, especially if you're diving from a boat. I also keep a foldable snorkel in my pocket.

No snorkel

11RBW3:31.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom