Showers are Predicted

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's spring time in the tropics and it may rain some - imagine that...?
....is to NEVER look at the weather forecast...
Yeah, with one exception. I would check http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/ as I'd hate to get off of a plane and realize only then that a bad one was headed thataway...!

Atlantic - Caribbean Sea - Gulf of Mexico
Tropical Weather Outlook (en Español*)
TAFB Tropical Weather Discussion - Forecasts and Analyses
There are no tropical cyclones at this time.

The last time I was in Cozumel in May, it DID rain everyday.... for about 10 minutes. The rest of the day was beautiful. And generally when the rain came, we were hot and tired, and the rain was refreshing!

I'm with Christi. The forecast for our recent trip was 60% chance of showers each day. We had heavy rain one night while we were asleep, and a gully-washer (frog-drowner, if you prefer) for about 20 minutes one afternoon after we'd finished with diving. Otherwise it was clear and sunny the entire time. On a previous trip we did a number of dives in hard, driving rain. These were great dives.

You're not going to be able to do anything about the weather anyway, so go and have fun.

mstevens:
I'm with Christi. The forecast for our recent trip was 60% chance of showers each day. We had heavy rain one night while we were asleep, and a gully-washer (frog-drowner, if you prefer) for about 20 minutes one afternoon after we'd finished with diving. Otherwise it was clear and sunny the entire time. On a previous trip we did a number of dives in hard, driving rain. These were great dives.

You're not going to be able to do anything about the weather anyway, so go and have fun.

But won't we get wet??

Otter:
showers are predicted...

they always are..i'm convinced they just put out that forcast to cover themselves and make it seem even nicer there, if that's possible. "wow! they said it was going to rain every day and it didn't rain once!" ...never was gonna

they kept forcasting showers every day we were there also...it rained one time late night and one day, the day we drove around the island and we didn't get any of it.

that's the great thing about tropical islands, if it's raining where you are, it's not raining all over the island so it's a good day to go explore. it just works that way.

chances also are it's only humidity letting off seam and it won't rain very long anyway.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom