Shuttle or Taxi??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gt2003

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Have already booked to stay at Sunscape Sabor in late October/early November. I did not add in the shuttle ride to and from the airport. 2 questions:

1. Are taxis available at the airport? I'm pretty sure they are, my wife disagrees so I need clarification.

2. Which is cheaper? I believe the shuttle rides are about $50 for each of us, round trip.

You can get a taxi TO the airport. You cannot get a taxi FROM the airport. You have to take a shuttle, or drag your gear past the airport entrance.
Personally, I've never added it when I booked the trip. I just drop by the booth at the airport, right past the time share salesmen.

Sooooo....start apologizing to your wife.

Get used to it. I typically apologize even on the rare occasion I'm right. :)

Have already booked to stay at Sunscape Sabor in late October/early November. I did not add in the shuttle ride to and from the airport. 2 questions:

1. Are taxis available at the airport? I'm pretty sure they are, my wife disagrees so I need clarification.

2. Which is cheaper? I believe the shuttle rides are about $50 for each of us, round trip.
Like others have said, taxis cannot pick up fares at the airport. I don't know where you got the $50 number, but there is no round trip; the shuttles only operate to the airport, not from it.

Sue Sue posted a great narrative that is the third sticky in this forum. A lot of great information there.

Like others have said, taxis cannot pick up fares at the airport. I don't know where you got the $50 number, but there is no round trip; the shuttles only operate to the airport, not from it.

You've got that backwards: Shuttle only operates FROM the airport, not TO it.

It's been nearly 5 years since I stayed at Sunscape Sabor, but I don't think we paid $50 for both of us. I recently paid only $5.50 (would have been cheaper - $81MXN - if I had pesos already) to get just myself to centro in June. A cab back to the airport will be between $350-400MXN (I'm not sure if Sabor is in Zona 10 o 12), which will be $17.50-20ish at current exchange, or whatever the driver feels like charging you that day.

I've never even heard of prepurchasing your shuttle fares. Make sure you go to the right people when you get to the airport. After customs, look to the right for the most non-descript booth with nobody looking like they really want your business. They will be friendly and professional, but they aren't going to approach you like the time shares people who will promise you whatever you want, but first you have to hear their proposal.

The "round trip" was an option on BookIt when booking the trip. I believe the fee quoted was right at $50.

I just checked again, if I buy from BookIt, it will be $36 for each roundtrip ticket, $72 total for both of us to get TO and FROM the airport.

Any idea if it's cheaper if we purchase at the airport?

As mentioned, we are staying at Sunscape Sabor so it's a bit of a ride.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom