Shuttle or Taxi??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just checked again, if I buy from BookIt, it will be $36 for each roundtrip ticket, $72 total for both of us to get TO and FROM the airport.

Any idea if it's cheaper if we purchase at the airport?

As mentioned, we are staying at Sunscape Sabor so it's a bit of a ride.

I have stayed at Sunscape. I am 99% sure that it is less expensive to buy your tickets at the airport rather than online. Just go to the little booth that is to the right when you exit customs (go towards the bathrooms). The prices are listed and they take US$ and give change in MX$. At the end of your trip, you'll take a taxi from Sabor to the airport, which I am also quite sure is less than the online price. There are taxis lined up outside the resort all of the time that will be hailed for you by the hotel employees.

I just checked again, if I buy from BookIt, it will be $36 for each roundtrip ticket, $72 total for both of us to get TO and FROM the airport.

Any idea if it's cheaper if we purchase at the airport?

As mentioned, we are staying at Sunscape Sabor so it's a bit of a ride.
You can do it cheaper if you don't prepay. In fact, I think if you are prepaying, you are arranging with somebody other than the official Cooperative. It will be no more than $198MXN per person (if you climb into a van with other people you don't know) or about $20 total to leave the airport. It might even be $181MXN (again, I'm not sure which Zone Sabor is in, but I think it is in 3, which is $181MXN/person).

Sabor is Zona Sur 8 for the taxis, so that will be $350MXN for both of you to return to the airport. If you find another couple going back at the same time, it'll be $350MXN for all four of you.

Last edited:
Thank You @kmarks , I'll find the booth and buy the tickets there. I appreciate the input.

DO NOT buy your shuttle ticket from an online broker, you will pay double for it. Just buy it at the airport when you come through customs. Nowhere near $50usd

To Sunscape it's less than $200 pesos per person - which is $10.81usd by today's exchange rate

Last edited:
I walk across the street, so I'm not on the airport property and then grab the first cab that goes by. It's faster, cheaper, more room and I don't have to constantly keep an eye on my bag insuring it doesn't get left at a prior hotel. Recently, I have been asking the cab driver to stop by a cambio on the way to the hotel to exchange some money. The rate is always better than the cambios in the tourist areas.

PH

I walk across the street, so I'm not on the airport property and then grab the first cab that goes by. It's faster, cheaper, more room and I don't have to constantly keep an eye on my bag insuring it doesn't get left at a prior hotel. Recently, I have been asking the cab driver to stop by a cambio on the way to the hotel to exchange some money. The rate is always better than the cambios in the tourist areas.

PH
This always gets posted in any discussion about the shuttles, and it works OK for some folks as long as the local authorities haven't shut down the practice of cabs picking up fares out there, which they do from time to time. Also be advised that it's about 100 yards to the traffic circle through the hot sun with no sidewalk, so if you are not traveling light it might be problematic. It might be a little cheaper, but the shuttle is not that expensive, and it's not necessarily faster, either; I have gotten to my hotel before folks on the same plane who did the drag to the circle. Anyway, I'll be there for 10-14 days so a few minutes one way or the other is down in the noise for me.

But do whatever floats yer boat. It's another option, but personally, I have no problem with the shuttle. YMMV and DSFDF.

It's less than a hundred yards, there is a sidewalk and if spending a couple minutes in the hot sun bothers you, you probably are vacationing in the wrong place. I suppose the idea of walking with a rolling bag may not interest some folks, but doesn't seem that challenging to me. It's off the airport property and the "local authorities" haven't "shut it down" yet. In fact, I get picked up by the first free cab that goes by every time. I bet I'm at my hotel before the first van leaves.

But do what ever floats yer boat. Personally, I prefer not to be jammed in a van like sardines.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom