Sidemount regulators?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here's a list of the main sets available:

A List of Sidemount Regulator Sets

I'm hearing lots of good things said about the Deep6 regulators, but not yet had chance to return them out myself.

I've used Scubapro for decades and have been very happy with them. But sometimes I do wish I'd invested in Apeks across the board, as it'd make servicing and maintenance much easier.

+1 for this suggestion. I ended up selling all my reg sets and moving to XTX50 for my twinset regs, sidemount regs, and 2 deco regs. I did not purchase the kits however, I just buy the XTX50 first and seconds, then add my own rubber hoses and SPG. I love the large brass/glass SPG from Dive Gear express, and prefer rubber hoses to the Miflex type that come with the Apeks kits. Plus, I run two long hoses in sidemount, which is not an option with the Apeks sidemount kit. I did purchase the optional 5th port for the short hose reg on my twinset. Makes hose routing a little cleaner.

hi,
i know that this is out of the topic, but since most of you uses XStream, i would like to ask a question.

For the 1st stage, what swivel or angle can we put? Please be specific, (with SKU if possible or link to any sites) since I bought a swivel, but it doesnt goes in properly.

Cheers

i know that this is out of the topic, but since most of you uses XStream, i would like to ask a question. . . . . For the 1st stage, what swivel or angle can we put? Please be specific, (with SKU if possible or link to any sites) since I bought a swivel, but it doesnt goes in properly.
Are you trying to put a swivel on your FIRST stage? Swivels or angle adapters are usually placed between the LP hose and the second stage. I may be misunderstanding your post, though.

hi,
i know that this is out of the topic, but since most of you uses XStream, i would like to ask a question.

For the 1st stage, what swivel or angle can we put? Please be specific, (with SKU if possible or link to any sites) since I bought a swivel, but it doesnt goes in properly.

Cheers

please post some pictures of what you have and what you are trying to do. Not many of us use Poseidon's, but we can help

Hi, Colliam7, and tbone1004,
As per picture, I tried installing a swivel type bought from a local supplier here in Malaysia, but theres a gap in between. I am trying to find some deep dives swivel with a longer tip, so it can get in without obstruction.

Attachments

• XStream - Gap on hose.jpg
    XStream - Gap on hose.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 119
I use left and right hand regs so unfortunately I have to use a Diverite XT
I switched to Diverite for the very same reason. Awesome regs and while they are not built in the same factory as Hog and Deep6, they're about the same reg... except for the right/left option. So "unfortunately"??? No. Fortunately, they are a great option and see why many of us want that option.

True enough, I meant it's unfortunate that every single component on my rig is Deep 6 except the SPGs (no metric version) and a single second stage. The XT is very nice but the OCD side of me gets antsy every time I look at my setup.

We have metric gauges now.

We have metric gauges now.
Woohoo! Will they be up on the site for order soon?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom