Sidemount, upside down in a foot of water, nearly drowned

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A similar issue made me decide to switch to a bungeed backup.

One rocky "beach", rocks from a couple of feet across to the size of a small car, tripped me and I wound up face down with a Faber MP 120 on my back and a fair amount of lead on my belts . While laying there assessing the damage, I realized that if I wound up with my face in the water and hurt I might not be able to get at my reg.

Good news was, aside from my pride, I didn't get hurt, and got back up and made the dive. I switched to a bungeed backup, and since I'm not as young as I used to be, some of my spots like this I take along another diver, or a friend that likes hanging out at the coast so I can get some help, if needed.

Bob

A similar issue made me decide to switch to a bungeed backup.

One rocky "beach", rocks from a couple of feet across to the size of a small car, tripped me and I wound up face down with a Faber MP 120 on my back and a fair amount of lead on my belts . While laying there assessing the damage, I realized that if I wound up with my face in the water and hurt I might not be able to get at my reg.

Good news was, aside from my pride, I didn't get hurt, and got back up and made the dive. I switched to a bungeed backup, and since I'm not as young as I used to be, some of my spots like this I take along another diver, or a friend that likes hanging out at the coast so I can get some help, if needed.

Bob

Ouch. Been there. Glad you were uninjured.

Regards,
Cameron

I won't forget this. It will go into my defensive diving file in my brain.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom