Similan/Surin/Mergui liveaboards in Oct/Nov

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for advice, Batfish. I see these boats go to Similan and Hin Daeng, but not to Richelieu Rock. What's preferable for sighting Whale Sharks Hin Daeng or Richelieu?

Surin...Actually I have had some of my best dives in the Surin Islands. Very few boats dive there, but The Junk includes Surin on it's 5 day/6 night trips. I heard that the very nice reef on Koh Torinla was damaged by the tsunami, but the guys from the Junk tell me they still dive there. It was always for me the best dive site of the trip - never failed to see turtles, reef sharks, big stingrays. Had a school of bumphead parrotfish a couple of times.... I did some trips on the Junk as DM back in 2000. Jay and Kay are the tour leaders, and on the boat for more than 5 years, two of the most experienced guides you can get.

Someone asked about blast fishing. I have seen this several times in the last couple of years on trips to Myanmar (Burma). In particular, Black Rock shows many signs of dynamiting. I have not seem this to be an issue at Western Rocky or 3-Islets. It is very hard when the bottom is littered with dead fish.

Back
Top Bottom