Similans liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gno

Registered
Reaction score
:confused:

Does anyone know/have any experience with liveaboards for Similans & Richelieu Rock/Surin trip on a backpacker budget?

After looking at so many comments by fellow divers, looks almost impossble to decide which liveaboard to choose from. ;-0

My group of 4-6 divers are basically looking for a 4 or 5 day trip to with comfortable accomodations (own air con unit, fresh water etc etc). Does not need to be luxurious though. It's the diving that counts.

Budget around USD350- USD500!

Appreciate some feedback!

Juv & Sunrise,

Thanks for the info. Have looked at the suggested trips and looks to be within our requirements.:)

BTW, how's the weather in March? Do you guys know if there will be some rough weather coz some of my buddies are quite prone to sea-sickness (but they still insist on liveaboards!!?):confused:

Thanks again!

Weather in March is just about as good as it gets. You might just complain that it's too hot.

BTW, Le Mahe is not our boat - we are an agent for the boat, not the owner, though I know it like the back of my hand.

Happy Diving

Thanks Sunrise,

Heat is no issue as long as we get to see Mantas and WHALE SHARKS!!!! :D

BTW, has anyone been on the MV Daranee which also does the same trip but it is 5 days instead of 4. What's the diff? besides price and length of trip.

Sorry Sunrise, its just that there are soooo many boats that its confusing me and I really do not know which is the best one the go with!!

:confused:

I was on the Daranee two years ago. It was ok for being a budget
boat. Perhaps it is getting a little old now? I don't know Le Mahe.
It seems like a nice boat on their website. I guess it matters what
cabin you get. The price is good. My concern would be that it doesn't
seem to be photo-friendly. I have a big setup and need a camera
table. If you are the only photographer it should be ok but if there
are 5-6? Hm...

Have a nice trip! You will love it!

I spent 9 days on a live a board in the Similians, I dove with "High Class" diving. I was on the Short Cut, it was amazing. 9 A/C cabins, good food, Philip the host is Funny,and knowledgable. I just tried the link to their website and it is down, but here it is http://www.highclass-adventure.com/ you will dive out of Koh Lok which is a little road town, 1 1/2 hrs from Phuket airport. They offer a shuttle from the Airport. Get on the boat ASAP, it is worth it. Whale shrks and Mantas are cool, but the octopus and the Cuttle fish win my vote. Enjoy your trip

Back
Top Bottom