Similans Tech Liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

martini_effect

Registered
Reaction score
anyone know of any similan liveaboards that me and some friends can use for tech diving (deep air)?

I cant find any that supply double tanks....i suppose we could drive our own up there if need be. we would definitely need a boat with nitrox, even if it is only up to 40%

any suggestions welcome

Hi,

Tech diving in Phuket please check the link www.protechdivers.com

Cheer
Jason

martini_effect:
anyone know of any similan liveaboards that me and some friends can use for tech diving (deep air)?

I cant find any that supply double tanks....i suppose we could drive our own up there if need be. we would definitely need a boat with nitrox, even if it is only up to 40%

any suggestions welcome

Jason Ooi......
I've actually got my own tech school on Koh Lanta so I just need advice on a boat rather than a tech dive school.
by the way thanks for the advice ....oops...shouldnt have said that in public...sorry protech

Hi Martini,

Tell me more about the people who are disgusting in this company to my PM.
Give me you website if I go to Thailand tech dive.

Thank
Jason
martini_effect:
Jason Ooi......
I've actually got my own tech school on Koh Lanta so I just need advice on a boat rather than a tech dive school.
by the way thanks for the advice.

You could try these guys, Ocean Zone Divers in Phuket near the pier. I've gotten EAN fills from them before.

http://www.oceanzonedivers.com/

Personally, I don't see the combination of diving the Similans and anything deeper than 37 meters. so I'm not sure how much of a market to support a deep tech LAB.

However, EAN fills would be a definite plus IMO there, more than one day when I was there a couple of weeks ago I wished I had more than 21% EAN :wink:

Well, there are plenty of liveaboards with Nitrox on board - Mermaid II, Colona 6, Queen Scuba, Philkade, and pretty much anything higher budget.

heres some techy dive sites in the Similan
Koh Similan...Beacon point....55m
Elephant head....70m
Koh Payan...shark fin reef..40m
Koh Bon....40m
at Surin there is Richlieu rock....45m

not super deep but deep enough for some tech stuff mixed in with some rec dives...for me its not always about going deep...if theres stuff at 35m then a tech dive for me is spending 45 mins down there before deco.

Back
Top Bottom