Sink-o de Mayo '09 - May 8-10 - Save the Date!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

solensdotter

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi there,

Had a great great time at last year's "Sinko de Mayo" in Key Largo/Tavernier, and recently several buddies asked me whether I had info on this year's event. Since I didn't, I decided to get the ball rolling myself. :cool2:

Sinko III will be May 8-10!

Last year's model worked well, so I say we repeat it. Lodging arrangements should be similar to last year, and Capt. Gary of Conch Republic Divers is onboard as well.

I believe that last year's schedule was:
- Sat morning: Duane/Bibb
- Sat afternoon: Spiegel Grove/reef
- Sun morning: Eagle/reef

Don't necessarily need the same schedule, but in the theme of "Sink-O", let's keep a focus on the heavy metal and do some wreck diving!

Looking forward to a great mini reunion in the Keys (just hope that this year I won't have to come straight from MIA and spend the weekend jet-lagged... :lotsalove: )! See you in May!

Here's the links to register, added for your convenience, keep in mind that even though the price says $80 ConchRepublic will honor special SB pricing as follows:

Saturday May 9th

Sunday May 10th

Attendees:

- scubaken/Ken
- blondeambition/Danielle
- truck1/Ronnie
- skuba_girl/Susie
- DebbyDiver
- deepstops/Brian
- H2OSkier + FairWaterDiver (FKA Mrs H2O)
- LowVizWiz
- netmage/Sir Timothy :tongue:
- Tasdiver/Teri
- nwgarne +1
- solensdotter/Laura +2
- stu_in_fl/Stu
- Chugger/Mike &
- KarenCRNA
- BruceTrinity
- LewisEvans
- Pura Vida Diver/Scott

Friday Night
Those that have the time stop by Dillon's Pub & Grill - Miami Restaurant - MenuPages Bar Food Restaurant Search Tim/Netmage and TasDiver/Terri will be there starting 'round about 7-7:30 and staying 'til whenever. Unpack from your trip and come on over or come on over and unpack later. Either way just come on over :D

Saturday Night
Please note, Kawamas/SpearGirl is putting a party on Saturday night :bounce2: This is for ALL who are attending Sink-O - even if you aren't staying at Kawama :) Please have a look at the list of who is bringing what, decide what you'd like to bring and post up - this way we will know what is on the menu and Becky will have a headcount for steaks :drooling:. Also from Becky; if you are not staying at Kawama, please pm her with your name so that she can give it to the guard at the gate. Otherwise, you will not be able to get in. If you are riding w/ someone, only the driver needs to give their name. As you come to the gate you will tell the guard you are there for the Sink-O Party in R5, He will give you a pass to let you in and give you directions to R5 (behind the building of (R5) you will see a Big Tiki Hut).

I need a head count for dinner at Kawama's on Sat night. Ken the sweetheart he is going to cook for all of us Australian style on the grill. :luxhello: We need a head count for the Ribeyes

Whose bringing what:
BYOB
scubaken; Chef/Ribeyes
Truck1 & Blonde; Corn on the cob
Scuba_Girl/Susie; Cake with Brian
DebbyDiver; $ to SpearGirl
DeepStops/Brian; he and scuba girl are getting cake
FairWaterDiver and h2oskier; Chinet plates, plastic utensils, and napkins
LowVizWis; Butter and steaksauce
Tas & Netmage; Mini Rum Tote, Wine and Beer :drunks:
nwgarne & missus; peanut-butter chocolate bars and ice cream
Solensdotter + 1 or 2?????; Desert
Stu-in-fl; Beer and Softy Drinks
Chugger & KarenCRNA; 4-5 bags of pre-mixed salad
LewisEvans; Drinks
Pura Vida Diver; Centenario and Drinks
Catra + Dave; Desert
Speargirl; Veggies & Ribeyes
PirateJohn & Wench; Fruit Platter, rum, and tokillya

Last edited by a moderator:
More info, direct from Conch Republic's Capt. Gary:
Hey Laura,

Great...We can do the same itinerary as last year, but also do Reefs on the other boat so everyone is happy. Cost will be at $60 without tanks, $2.50 per tank of air, and $7.50 per tank for a nitrox upgrade.

So without tanks the trips are $60
We furnish air 2 tanks trip is $65
We furnish nitrox 2 tanks trip is $75

So, we have special ScubaBoard pricing in place from Conch Republic, and dive options available for those who are not into "heavy metal".

Thanks, Captain - let's go diving!

We'll have the trips on the calendar so you can book on-line shortly, but wanted to give everyone the pricing for this years trip.

$60 if you have your own tanks
$2.50 per tank of air
$7.50 per tank of nitrox 32% or less

Also if the interest is there we'll have one boat do the wrecks and the other one do the reefs. That way we'll cover all dive profiles.

Look forward to another great Sinko trip and seeing all you SBer's.

Good Diving,

:goingdown::goingdown: and more :goingdown: sounds good to me:D See everyone in May :kiss2:

Hey All,

OK I've got the dives posted and for your convenience provided links here so you can book on-line.
Just a reminder that even though the price says $80 we will honor the SB special pricing as follows:

• $60 per dive without tanks
  • $2.50 per tank of air
  • $7.50 per tank of nitrox....32% or less

Here's the direct links to sign up for the dives....Of course you can always give us a call too :callme:

Saturday May 9th

Sunday May 10th

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact the Admiral or myself.

Good Diving,

Well alright then :) Let me know if you need any assistance in keep the first post updated :D

..how could i miss the chance to give my t-shirt from sink-o #1 its annual outing !

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom