Sink-o de Mayo '09 - May 8-10 - Save the Date!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I WANNA GO...not sure if I can get that Saturday off yet...pencil me in as "wanna go, will try to make it."

By the way we can't do it the previous weekend...the MS150 will be in town and there will be NO affordable hotel/motel rooms for 20 miles in either direction. IIRC last year's Sink-o was moved back for the same reason.

Clicked "reply" before I was done...think 3,000 cyclists, half as many volunteers, a third as many significant others and it will be uber crowded down there the previous weekend.

Carmen, maybe there will be room for me where you're staying?

Clicked "reply" before I was done...think 3,000 cyclists, half as many volunteers, a third as many significant others and it will be uber crowded down there the previous weekend.

Carmen, maybe there will be room for me where you're staying?

Last year we moved it up into April.
If you've got an airmattress, you've got a free place to stay :)

If you've got an airmattress, you've got a free place to stay :)
You've suddenly made this trip a LOT more do-able, my friend. I'll check tomorrow and if nobody else has asked for that Saturday off, I should be able to make it! :kiss2:

p.s. my air mattress is only twin sized so I won't even take up that much room! :wink:

:yeahbaby: Debby, can't wait!!!! You better make it. I'm coming from the airport and diving Catalina... I'll be stinky, but there. :)

What time do you arrive Saturday, Carmen?

So first "they" messed around with Washington's birthday, lumping it in there with Abe's to a nice convenient day sometime around the first quarter of the year.
Now May 5, Mexican Independence Day, gets jacked around to the "8-10" timeframe. At least I know who the "theys" are this time around. Is this new holiday going to be called Cinco de Mayo MáÔ o Menos?

Si, mas o menos! O no quieres bucear? :wink:

See, I got lucky - I am the OP and picked the date... :D

Couldn't do last year's last weekend in April, because that's when I'm swimming my 10k. :shocked2: Care to join me, Tom? :confused:

The Captain urged against the first weekend in May due to a class he's offering with John Chatterton & Richie Kohler. And, as Debby mentioned, the MS150 probably would've eliminated that weekend anyway.

Pues, buceamos el 9 y el 10 de mayo. Vale?

Thanks, MissD - appreciate it! :wink: Luckily most of the pertinent info is already in the first couple of posts, so shouldn't be too bad... (I know, famous last words... Probably should not have typed that!)

So, will we be seeing you?

Si, mas o menos! O no quieres bucear? :wink:

See, I got lucky - I am the OP and picked the date... :D

Couldn't do last year's last weekend in April, because that's when I'm swimming my 10k. :shocked2: Care to join me, Tom? :confused:

The Captain urged against the first weekend in May due to a class he's offering with John Chatterton & Richie Kohler. And, as Debby mentioned, the MS150 probably would've eliminated that weekend anyway.

Pues, buceamos el 9 y el 10 de mayo. Vale?

Best way to plan stuff here..... pick it, book it and see who wants to join..... who cares what its called... we're flexible.... and when we bring out the rum and limbo pole; you'll see!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom