Sink-o de Mayo '09 - May 8-10 - Save the Date!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, after all my whining about getting a place to sleep, some other issues have come up and I'm going to have to wuss out.

Now, how to convince non-diving GF the ITK is really her birthday weekend trip! ;-)

:angrymob: (j/k)

Hope we see you at ITK.

Under a month til Sink-O! :D

in other news, I still have space if anyone is interested. So far I've got catra8104+ hubby, Pura Vida Diver and myself

Has this thread died.
So what is everyons plans for the trip are we all doing dinner and then drinking or what:D
I will be needing a dive buddy and my schedule is as followed

7:00am sat duane/bibb
1:00pm sat spegial
7:00am sun egale

This sounds like a great way to do it... We may try to get in on some of that fun... We got blown trying to hit the wrecks Christmas week so maybe I can convince the misses to get on board for this one. (Like that will be hard...)

I just have one question. Has the good Captain addressed the dry towels and orange slices between dive issues that were raised a while back??? :rofl3:

Already on my calendar! Only 2 months, 12 days, 22 hours, 6 minutes and 50 seconds to go... (not that i'm counting) :D

Where are you guys stayin'?

The Friday evening BBQ at Horizon Divers as part of the Rec-2-Tek week referenced in this thread would be the perfect kickoff for the Sinko weekend.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/tr...orida/275665-rec-2-tek-week-florida-keys.html

"Horizon Divers at Mile Marker 100 will be hosting a BBQ at their dive shop. Not only will their be food, but we will also have a raffle and award prizes. John Chatterton and Richie Kohler will be on hand as well. Look forward seeing everyone there."

"This event will ask for donation to cover cost of the food. If you plan to attend we would ask that you contribute to the kitty."

Be sure to sign up at the link provided in Gary's thread if you can make it. Hope to see you there.

- Dave.

Here's the link to sign-up for the Rec-2-tec events but there's not a sign-up for the BBQ on Friday night. Island SunSplash - Reservations
This sounds like THE plan with Richie Kohler and John Chatterton there :)

On Saturday, Gary has promised to make his famously mediocre wings and afterward, I'm hoping this band will be playing somewhere in the Upper Keys: MySpace.com - the Regs rock - 29 - Male - KEY LARGO, FLORIDA - www.myspace.com/regsrockthekeys (I'm still young enough to enjoy the bar scene :wink: )

Would just like to add my name to the attending list. Just booked my hotel, and looking forward to this. Miss D or the OP, you can add Chugger and KarenCRNA to the list. Chugger is doing the wrecks and my girl Karen will be looking for a dive buddy for the reefs. I know you awesome SB'ers will help her out. She is a new diver, and is really stoked about this trip. I'll be diving Sunday with her, but I can't go down to the Keys and miss out on the Spiegel Grove and the Duane once again.

Have you found a place to stay yet? lewisevans still has room in his unit. See quote below.

in other news, I still have space if anyone is interested. So far I've got catra8104+ hubby, Pura Vida Diver and myself

Has this thread died.
So what is everyons plans for the trip are we all doing dinner and then drinking or what:D
I will be needing a dive buddy and my schedule is as followed

7:00am sat duane/bibb
1:00pm sat spegial
7:00am sun egale

Friday it is looking as thought some are attending the BBQ at Horizon Divers that is part of Rec-2-Tek Week??? Has anyone signed up for this? Here is the link, if you'd like to check it out: http://reservations.islandsunsplash.com/ Alternately we can hit Buzzards Roost, Mile Marker 106, Ocean Side.

Saturday, Becky has offered to do a cook-out @ Kawama. Since many are staying there, we can head back, shower and noodle down stairs for drinks, food, and relaxing. :) Kitty, Kats, Tas, DS and any others can follow us on over. There we can sit and chill for the evening. We'll have to pick up something from Publix to donate to the cook-out... That can be done easily enough as the store is just around the corner. We can chip in a couple bucks and send someone.... Alternately, we can do Gary's place. Speak up!

Sunday; seems everyone is in agreeance for the Fish House.

Stacey and I are all signed up... and can't wait. We haven't quite got the room thing squared yet. We usually wait till the last minute on these things... We're planning on diving somewhere Friday - We may try LBTS / or get out on one of the boats. I need to get a practice dive in before hitting the deeper wrecks. I always seem to suck air the first dive of any trip. TBD.

In the past we usually nestle in at sharky's to imbibe but I'm game to see some new places...

Can't wait to get there!

Oh and we'll bring a few pineapples in lieu of orange slices, but you'll have to bring your own towels.

Stacey and I are all signed up... and can't wait. We haven't quite got the room thing squared yet. We usually wait till the last minute on these things... We're planning on diving somewhere Friday - We may try LBTS / or get out on one of the boats. I need to get a practice dive in before hitting the deeper wrecks. I always seem to suck air the first dive of any trip. TBD.

In the past we usually nestle in at sharky's to imbibe but I'm game to see some new places...

Can't wait to get there!

Oh and we'll bring a few pineapples in lieu of orange slices, but you'll have to bring your own towels.

Just keep in mind lewisevans still has room. And why aren't you bringing warm towels? :scorned:

Saturday, Becky has offered to do a cook-out @ Kawama. Since many are staying there, we can head back, shower and noodle down stairs for drinks, food, and relaxing. :) Kitty, Kats, Tas, DS and any others can follow us on over. There we can sit and chill for the evening. We'll have to pick up something from Publix to donate to the cook-out... That can be done easily enough as the store is just around the corner. We can chip in a couple bucks and send someone.... Alternately, we can do Gary's place. Speak up!

Sunday; seems everyone is in agreeance for the Fish House.

I'm speaking up!!!!!!!

I would enjoy the cook out at Kawama's. Thanks Becka :wink:

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom