Sipadan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

-Phoenix-

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all,

At the moment I am staying at Mabul. I was quite worried about the whole permit thing that you keep reading about on the forums but after getting here, I can really say that diving at Sipadan is no problem at all! I think it all depends on what place you are staying!

For example, I am staying at Borneo Divers, they got 14 permits every day and about 14-20 guests. This basicly meant that I have been diving at sipadan 3 out of 4 days, doing 4 dives a day.

Also getting a permit as individual is impossible, its all about the operators sending you into the big blue. They all have a fixed amount of permits every day, so just pick a big operator (they wont have all their beds filled) and you get a big huge shot at diving at sipadan!

Cheers from Mabul!

Sipadan dive photos

-Rob

My LDS went with the same resort. We had 13 in our group. In 10 days of diving we went to Sipadan 4 days,. That was a total of 16 dives at Sipadan. We were split up into 2 boats with the head instructor bouncing back & forth between the boats to video tape the trip. On the last day of the trip, everyone in our group (both boats) went to Sipadan except the head instructor (had to do with his back & forth between the boats). I will say, Sipadan is a very magical place. I really enjoyed it.

Hi Phoenix, I enjoyed your photos thanks! I stayed 10 days at Kapalai in 2006 and agree with Tammy - Sipidan is really magical. Have fun!

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom