Siren Fleet ; concerns and questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've seen this many times. It's quite amusing, and there's some truth in it, and it's a good thing for people who haven't been on a liveaboard to read. But just because it's been posted many times doesn't make it gospel or a blanket excuse. Some boats and companies have normal breakage and bad luck. Some seem to have lots of problems that could be lessened through better choices, maintenance, and management. And when the stuff hits the propeller, some handle it better than others. There's such a thing as making your own luck, and boats aren't completely exempt from that. (I've never been on a Siren boat so personally have no idea where they fall on this spectrum.)

That's a really fun read. Thanks. But the question is how does the Siren Fleet's safety and operations record compare with other liveaboards in the same regions of the world.

I don't think there's anyone doing any kind of record keeping of that nature for the world. Undercurrent is the closest attempt I've seen but their coverage is seriously spotty.

I've done nearly 30 liveaboards, 3 of which have been on Siren boats. I consider them as among the best I've taken, and that is in every respect, including any issue involving maintenance, safety, etc. I'd happily go with them again without giving it a moments thought.

Last edited:
My wife and I did one of the truk siren trips last December before they were hit by a hurricane. We had a great time the boat was nice, crew was friendly. My only beef was the discussion every time we wanted to have a run time longer than 60 mins which is common on many of the wrecks there. They would let us do the dives we wanted with the run times, but there were always discussions. I think it was more they were still figuring out the lagoon as we were one of the early trips on the boat and it was half tech divers and half recreational divers. I would certainly dive with them again it was a good trip. I cannot speak for their other ships, but some times bad things do happen.

I've done nearly 30 liveaboards, 3 of which have been on Siren boats. I consider them as among the best I've taken, and that is in every respect, including any issue involving maintenance, safety, etc. I'd happily go with them again without giving it a moments thought.

What were the destinations you did for the Siren trips? I've been considering this fleet for Palau and Raja Ampat in 2017.

What were the destinations you did for the Siren trips? I've been considering this fleet for Palau and Raja Ampat in 2017.

Hey Nasser...I did Komodo, Philippines, and East Timor (which they no longer run). Free free to pm if I can answer any questions about my experience with them.

I'm just about to head to the Philippines to dive the Siren (19th to 26th Aug 2015) So I'll report back

Just back from the Red sea with a company called Blue O Two. Actually the boat was under the Red Sea Divers banner which BO2 brought out a number of years ago. BO" have a very good rep for boats and liveaboards they also happen to now have a stake in Siren so will be interested if the opinions in this thread hold up

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom