Site performance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yup it sucks.. I've posted messages and had to wait several minutes after clicking "post" for anything to happen. Someone should call the ISP/Host and give them a big WTF.

tried that,it makes no difference.

Grrrr. Worked for me. For exactly one page load.

Now my page load times are back above eleven seconds again. Grrrr.

Another with issues last few days especially. Seems to have been getting progressively worse last several weeks. I literally waited 20 secs to even load this thread when I entered.

Far be it from me to suggest that there's a possible throttle "somewhere" in the system?

Bubs

It was very slow for me, as well.

I logged out, and then deleted all cookies for *.scubaboard.com. I must have had forty or fifty.

With a new session and only a cookie or two, the pages load muuuch quicker. Not as fast as the Washington Post, but still ....
I'm having good results this morning after doing that and also deleting any cookies that I don't recognize or that have anything in the name sounding like they're tracking/analyzing cookies.

Page loads are back to normal now - I've randomly clicked about 2 dozen threads since then. I'll post again if it slows down.

Google users, you may want to try changing the advanced setting the controls app data and cookies. This will delete cookies when you close Google. Seems to help.

Capture.JPG

Deleting your cookies isn't/wasn't the problem. It was the search indexer was stuck (which was causing people to not see their recent posts updated).

After getting that going again, it was causing the database to respond slowly. I've switched back to the native vBulletin search, which has resolved the slowdown, but now I'm reindexing the search index (which will take some time) and may cause slowness and search results to be weird until it's done. There are 6.5 million posts to index.

Working nicely for me this morning, also. This is the most responsive it's been since the site software update about the time of the "Likes" change.

Not cookies related because my Firefox is set to clear them each time I exit.

Yep working well again this morning.

Thanks HowardE!

Thanks, HowardE!

Back
Top Bottom