Sizing Questions for Force Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doc_Sandy

Registered
Reaction score
Greetings, Mr. Evans!

I have been having a great deal of difficulty contacting you or one of your staff over the past several months for what I think is probably a fairly simple couple of questions on sizing. I have left emails at your place of business, and I have even sent Facebook messenger posts with no reply. I think I have even left telephone messages at your place of business. I just discovered now though that you maintain this page on Scubaboard, and are quite active on it, so I'm hoping that I can get some feedback from you here!

I have been diving for 15 years, but have recently become a right below knee amputee, and I'm having a bit of difficulty with the fin on my right foot.

In warm water I dive with ScubaPro XL fins over Aqualung size 12 warm water boots.

In cold water I dive with TurtleXXL fins over White's size 13 boots.

I find the ScubaPro and Turtle fins a little heavy to handle with my prosthetic foot.

I am thinking of buying the Pro Force Fins or perhaps I need the Adjustable Force Fin.

Could you please advise on what size I should be purchasing, or even some advice on which model might be best for me?

I would surely appreciate it!

Thank you! :)

Sandy

Bob is out of the country this week but I think I can help. With your shoe size you need size XXL.

I don't think you want the Adjustibles unless you can find a pair of the SD-1s but you will probably find them heavy, like the Scubapros.

FF Pros are probably your best choice - get them with the bungee heel straps. Makes them much easier to put on. You will probably need to learn how to kick with them since they are a little different, but give it some time.

Sorry that Bob did not respond to you but he has been busy with moving FF production to a new facility (across the country) and with a new project (his reason for being out of the country).

This is the best place to ask questions.

Dive Safely

I would try it that way first, the buggies allow a fair amount of leeway. If you still need some adjustment, you can get a pair of comfort inserts from FF and use them to make up the difference - you will probably need to adjust the bunnies so the fins work with both sets of boots. With the FF pocket the bunnies really are only there to keep the fins from coming off your feet when hanging and not kicking.

agree with TN... I wear a US Size 12, and the XL FF-Pro only works with a very thin "reef shoe".....

I actually wear XXLs and wear a size 10.5 shoe. I just adjust the foot pocket using 1 or 2 comfort inserts depending upon what boot I wear.

I have 1 pair of Foils that are L and I used to wear them barefoot with an insert for snorkeling or when surface swimming for exercise with a kick board. I now have a pair of adjustable Rip Force that I use for that purpose since they are smaller and easier to handle.

Thank you TN and Sandy..home from Singapore,
DSC_0079.jpg
visiting our friend Brian
Chang. Susanne and I were invited to his Super Yacht Asean Lady for dinner. Brian helped us form Force fin many years ago. He was very happy to hear how well we are doing.

Greetings, Mr. Evans!

I have been having a great deal of difficulty contacting you or one of your staff over the past several months for what I think is probably a fairly simple couple of questions on sizing. I have left emails at your place of business, and I have even sent Facebook messenger posts with no reply. I think I have even left telephone messages at your place of business. I just discovered now though that you maintain this page on Scubaboard, and are quite active on it, so I'm hoping that I can get some feedback from you here!

I have been diving for 15 years, but have recently become a right below knee amputee, and I'm having a bit of difficulty with the fin on my right foot.

In warm water I dive with ScubaPro XL fins over Aqualung size 12 warm water boots.

In cold water I dive with TurtleXXL fins over White's size 13 boots.

I find the ScubaPro and Turtle fins a little heavy to handle with my prosthetic foot.

I am thinking of buying the Pro Force Fins or perhaps I need the Adjustable Force Fin.

Could you please advise on what size I should be purchasing, or even some advice on which model might be best for me?

I would surely appreciate it!

Thank you! :)

Sandy[/QUOT

Sandy, not sure why I did not get your email etc...looking into this. Sorry, Bob

TN/Bob:

I got my new XXL fins, and they fit my cold water White's size 13 boots perfectly. However they are too loose for my Aqualung size 12 warm water boots. The bungie is not very tight and I think they fit poorly enough to run a risk of losing a fin while diving. Would buying a set of Comfort Insteps solve that problem?

Sandy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom